PDA

View Full Version : lee valley teaming up with pixar?

Brian Ashton
02-08-2016, 8:39 PM
If you haven't seen LVs whats new in woodwork i suggest you have a look for a good laugh... they're selling new hearing protectors that look far too much like ogre ears. Like what you see 5 year olds all over disneyland wearing. Honestly, I don'care how good they are, i would not be seen with those on my head for any reason. And the guy wearing then in the picture definitely doesn't help the cause. I'm on a cell phone so you'll have to go see for yourself, too hard to post pics

Jay Aubuchon
02-08-2016, 8:43 PM
Maybe I will try a pair. Nobody sees me in my shop.

Marty Schlosser
02-08-2016, 9:05 PM
I take it you're talking about these SensGard hearing protectors: http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=53610&cat=1,42207,42227,53610

I owned the forerunner to that model, and when I lost them on a jobsite, I purchased the new version. I love them as they allow me to wear safety glasses and magnifying glasses all at the same time. And they also work really well.

Brian Ashton
02-08-2016, 9:56 PM
You have admit the guy in the pic is a spitting image of shrek. Either the advertising team were having a deliberate laugh or they really got it wrong. Either way that pic will hurt sales

Barry McFadden
02-08-2016, 9:58 PM
If you haven't seen LVs whats new in woodwork i suggest you have a look for a good laugh... they're selling new hearing protectors that look far too much like ogre ears. Like what you see 5 year olds all over disneyland wearing. Honestly, I don'care how good they are, i would not be seen with those on my head for any reason. And the guy wearing then in the picture definitely doesn't help the cause. I'm on a cell phone so you'll have to go see for yourself, too hard to post pics

LOL Brian...I thought the same thing...don't know if the hearing protectors make him look bad or it's the other way around!!

Matt Day
02-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Thought the OP would like them, being that he's a two year old according to his DOB!

John Goodin
02-08-2016, 10:53 PM
The pic may be successful advertising since we are discussing it now. I have a something similar but in orange do I don't look like too much of an ogre. I also wear them around the neck.

Jeff Bartley
02-09-2016, 9:13 AM
I have a pair of the earlier version and I don't care what I look like: they work and you can hear conversation, for me on a jobsite that is a nice feature! I do however need to wear a hat when using them, they don't stay on top of my head. But let's be easy on the dude in the pic! He is smiling a little!

Sam Murdoch
02-19-2016, 7:20 PM
Taking advantage of the ongoing LeeValley free shipping promo I bought a pair of the hearing protector that started this thread - http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=53610&cat=1,42207,42227,53610.

They arrived today and I have to write to tell you all that I am impressed. Yes the high glow lime color is unsettling - though they look better on me than on Mr. Clean :D. A bit of hair at the temples takes the edge off the comic relief.

BUT - as hearing protectors they work very well.

My current set up is earmuffs rated at 27 decibels but they are heavy and require strategy - at least some planning - when trying to wear my safety or reading glasses and the muffs at the same time. Glasses need to go on first. Surprising how often this is an aggravation.

These new ones are rated for 31 decibels. They are very light. I pretty much forgot that I was wearing them. AND - I can put my glasses on and off without needing to take these off. They fold up to a nice compact size so no reason not to carry them around. I wish I had bought 2 pairs. :rolleyes: As it is, I will store them in a light canvas sack for tossing in my tool box for field work and carry them back to the shop as needed. No big deal, though I am sure that there will be times that they will be in the wrong place. Not throwing out the shop muffs.

Also bought a pair of magnifying safety glasses and some really nice lanyards for my shop glasses. All in all, good purchases!