PDA

View Full Version : Inventory Method

Larry Frank
02-06-2016, 8:29 PM
I am updating my shop inventory. I am using an Excel spreadsheet with a form to make data entry.

Along with the typical information on each tool, I also have the location in my shop, a photo number, and usually some of my own comments.

How do others make an inventory?

As I was doing the inventory, I was a bit surprised at the value of some drawers which contained some small miscellaneous tools.

Frederick Skelly
02-06-2016, 9:52 PM
I use videotape and keep my receipts.

Charlie Velasquez
02-06-2016, 10:14 PM
I am updating my shop inventory. I am using an Excel spreadsheet...
Along with the typical information on each tool, I also have ... a photo number, ...

What do you mean by photo number?
I also use excel and include a photo(s), but the photo is a field in each record.

As others, also include purchase price or replacement cost

Larry Frank
02-07-2016, 7:36 AM
The photo number references a certain photo. When I take pictures I put an ID number beside what I am taking the picture of.

I think that inserting the photo in the spreadsheet is a good idea. I did not do something like that as I was concerned the Excel file would get very large.

glenn bradley
02-07-2016, 9:44 AM
Pictures and scanned receipts on a memory chip, two copies stored in different buildings. Luck favors the prepared and if you've ever been 'unlucky' with an insurance claim . . . you know what I mean.