PDA

View Full Version : A nod to Trent Bosch

Richard Dooling
02-05-2016, 11:17 AM
After a lot of research and hand wringing I decided to get two of Trent Bosch's hollowers and a little later I decided on the carving stand.

I called Trent's shop for advice on a couple of things and both times Trent answered the phone and my questions.

The tools are a great value, being both well made and reasonably priced. The carving stand is very sturdy and the the 5/8" hollowers are both strong and long. Trent also shipped really fast.

I've only been able to do limited testing at this time (recent knee surgery) but first impressions are very good.

It feels right to give your business to a solid and well run shop.

C'mon spring!

Jed Malcore
02-05-2016, 1:40 PM
I agree! I recently bought a 3/4" bowl gouge and love it. Fast shipping and great customer service!

Geoff Whaling
02-05-2016, 2:34 PM
I had a good look at Trent's gear when he was at Turnfest in Australia back in March 2013. I liked his tool post carving stands & his hollowing tools looked pretty good then but he seems to have refined them a lot further and introduced the Stabilizer. Trent also mentioned he was working on the Visualizer which is now commercially available. He certainly has the passion, experience, knowledge and the skills to make high quality wood turning tools.

Trent is a good demonstrator, I sat in on a few of his rotations & loved his Vessels of Illusion demos.

Justin Stephen
02-05-2016, 3:48 PM
Trent is a great guy. I took a class from him several years ago at his shop and it was time well spent. While I don't currently own any of his tools, I do have almost all of my favorite tools (including my constant companion Thompson bowl gouge) inside of his handles. I only wish they came in more than one color per size.

Curtis Myers
02-05-2016, 8:44 PM
I got his stabilizer and visualizer at the national saposium in Pittsburgh. His wife helped me carry it to my truck and I got a chance to talk to her for a couple minutes. Their two teenager kids were their also. I was impressed at what a very nice family they were. His tools are awesome. Almost makes hollowing fun.

John Sincerbeaux
02-06-2016, 7:13 AM
I own a 3/4 stabilizer, and his visualizer. Excellent tools and as everyone has said... Great guy!