PDA

View Full Version : corel help

Jim Peyton
02-05-2016, 4:31 AM
I have some grayscal bmps that I'm 3d lasering. my problem is they have a black background and my Epilog mini will cut the black background and I'd like to change it to a white background so the laser won't cut it. I'm new to Corel I have x3 and wanted to know if there's a way to change the black to a white background? I've looked and tried to use the help section with no luck. any help appreciated. jim

Mike Null
02-05-2016, 7:54 AM
Jim

Welcome to SMC. Try reading through the posts and links on this thread. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?102538-Corel-Tips

If you can post one of the pictures somebody may offer to demonstrate how to do the job.

Mayo Pardo
02-06-2016, 8:58 PM
If you have Corel Photo Paint built into Corel and that's where you edit photos, you may be able to use the Magic Wand mask tool to select the area you want to keep untouched, then (assuming your image is grayscale) you can use the Fill tool (paint bucket) to fill your background with white. The color selector at the bottom of the left column of tools will have a black square and a white square. To make the paint bucket fill tool white, the white square needs to be the top square. If it's black, click just to the right of it and it will swap the colors.

Depending how you use the mask tool, you may have to invert the mask before you use the fill tool. UNDO is your friend!

If you don't edit photos in Corel Photo Paint then you'll need to supply more details about your system so someone can help with specifics.

Chris J Anderson
02-07-2016, 1:25 AM
I would go this way...

(this from memory)

1- Open the image in CorelPaint.
2- Use the Cut Out Tool to remove the background.
3- In CP use the object manager (Docker) to delete the background object.
4- Save the image then export it as a .png type file.
5- Important - export as 24bit rgb colour (at least thats what I do, even if its black and white).
6- You will have an option to make the background transparent or something like that.

7- Import the file into CorelDraw, the background will be gone.
8- You should then be able to easily 'invert' the image to swap black to white etc.

hope this was of some help,

cheers,
Chris