PDA

View Full Version : Norris Infill Plane

Joe Beaulieu
02-03-2016, 5:35 PM
Hi All,

I purchased a Norris Infill plane off of an EBay dealer - I am sure he is reputable - I have all his contact info and he has very high grades on EBay. Anyway - that is not the reason for my post. I received the plane, and much of it is exactly what I was hoping for - the patina is gorgeous, the rosewood infill is really pretty, and the iron has tons of life left in it. I think I have a very nice user on my hands - something I am very psyched about. I just got it last night, and I haven't really had a chance to inspect it for flatness etc. I will also try and get some pics of it up on this post. My question here is that there is very little wood left on the tote where it backs up to the blade. It looks like someone was trying to change the angle the blade lays at and they removed a lot of the stock on the face of the handle that is basically above where you grip the plane. Its the section that is parallel with the blade. So my question is how normal this is. Is it common practice to remove stock on these planes in that area?

Any help is most appreciated. As I said - I will try and get pics up later on tonight.

Joe

Joel Moskowitz
02-04-2016, 8:14 PM
Norris planes are bedded at either 45 or 47 1/2 degrees. when you put the blade in, and tighten the lever cap screw, does the blade sit solid? I would have to see a picture to tell you if the handle has been modified or is original. What model plane is it?