PDA

View Full Version : What a WEEKEND - GLOAT

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-10-2005, 8:46 PM
My three day show is this weekend - one day still to go.

Thought it was going to be YUCK for about three hours yesterday, then it started. A one of a kind "Copper" pen found it's new owner. Couple other pens found a new home. Several Kaleidescopes when away with smiling faces.

Today, the rest on my kaliedescopes ran away and several bowls decided they liked other folks better than me and said goodby. If tomorrow is anything like these two, it could be a 4 digit day. The crazy thing is that this show costs NOTHING!

WOW..................... and twenty-five business cards went home with people who said that they will be wanting gifts a little later this year.

Could be a very busy next three months.

Bruce :D :D :D :D

Keith Burns
09-10-2005, 9:01 PM
:D Good for you !!!!!:D

Dennis Peacock
09-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Congrats Bruce.....!!!!!!!!

Now all you have to do is let the rest of you stock find a new home and let the money warm your pockets.!!!! :D

Kurt Aebi
09-12-2005, 8:07 AM
Way to go, Bruce!

Great to hear your success story! Hope your fall doesn't become so busy that you can't enjoy it! Wait, you enjoy turning, don't you?? :D

Chris Barton
09-12-2005, 8:36 AM
Hey Bruce,

I hope the weekend show was a great success! Please post a comprehensive review soon so all us show "wana-bees" can get a taste of reality!

Glenn Hodges
09-12-2005, 9:24 AM
That sure is great news. After hearing all the poor buying trends at shows this gives me some upbeat info to hope for. Having some beautiful stuff to sell sure helps also.

Bill Sampson
09-12-2005, 7:24 PM
Bruce,

Sounds like your customers have recognized quality.
I spoke with a friend today who collects antique kaleidescopes. Told him I don't know much about them, but would like to obtain plans. Can you give me any help? Thanks
Bill Sampson, Richmond

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-12-2005, 8:55 PM
You asked for it, Chris...........................!

9 Bowls Priced from 65.00 to 10.00 (10.00 bowl 2" x 1/2' Saki cup made of Mulberry - to be used in a 1/12" scale doll house).

4 pens - 50.00 to 25.00 (one copper clad walnut with desk storage base).

9 Kadiedescopes - Pine, Spalted Maple, Cocobolo, Walnut, Sassafrass,and Cherry.

Most sales happened in the last hour each day. On Sunday the show was over at 5:00, so at 4:00 I started putting things away (Side walls, lathe, lathe stand, hold down weights, etc.) leaving inventory till last. Several artists had already left. A woman came in and said that she had been walking by my booth for three days and this was the first time she could stop. She was working in one of the shops where we had the show.

She started with a Kaliedescope, went on the a Sassafrass pen, and while I was wrapping them up, picked up a bowl shaped like a drawstring bag with an indian figure inlayed with turquoise and said that she would take it too. That one sale would have made me happy for a day. It showed me that people liked all three of style items I showed. My only regret is that no candle holders sold. Just the wrong show, I guess. (Shouldn't be greedy!)

Kurt---------------------DUH! :rolleyes: :D :p ;)

Bill - Contact Penn State Industries for the kits. Two types available - EGG and Wand Type.

Dennis - The money is trying to leave my pockets already. Stopped at Woodcraft today....................I showed great control---------------JUST LOOKED!

BTW - Didn't get to $1000.00 for the weekend, but am VERRRRRRRRRRRRRY HAPPY with the outcome.

Bruce ;)

Ernie Nyvall
09-12-2005, 9:10 PM
Congratulations Bruce!!!

Ernie