PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt 621 edge guide extension rods

Joe Cowan
02-02-2016, 3:40 PM
I need a 2nd edge guide for my current project. The edge guide I have now, has two 5/16"x 12" rods, with threaded (male) ends. I need the 2nd edge guide to have the female ends to adapt to my current edge guide. The ones I see online, have solid ends. Anybody know where I can get either two female end rods, or buy an edge guide that has the female rods included? My plans are to have an edge guide on both sides of the board I am working on to keep the router from wandering.

Joe Cowan
02-02-2016, 3:48 PM
Duh... I guess I could buy another edge guide and then go out and buy some 24"x 5/16" rods to use when needed.

Cary Falk
02-02-2016, 3:54 PM
You could buy or make a fluting jig like this.

http://www.rockler.com/router-fluting-jig

Charles Lent
02-02-2016, 4:12 PM
Using 2 edge guides at the same time doesn't work very well, for me anyway.

A CRB7 by M Power Industries may be of help for the rods you want. The jig comes with two different diameters of rods and the rods are threaded on both ends M/F. You can also order two more sets of larger diameter rods, also threaded M/f with the same threads to give you the ability to use them to cut very large diameter arcs or circles with the jig, but it also makes a great edge guide with stacking ability of the rods for even wider distances between the router and the edge guide. The jig is made in England, but available through many woodworking stores in the USA and probably also in Canada. It may help you solve your problem.

Charley

Bruce Wrenn
02-02-2016, 8:36 PM
Coupling nuts and threaded rods is they way we do this.

Ellery Becnel
02-03-2016, 8:58 AM
Joe, McMaster Carr offers O1 tool steel drill rods in 36" long lengths. Any size, fractional, letter, and number diameters. They are not expensive, great quality. I purchased some when I made my edge guides for my DW611, and Bosch colt plunge base. Also the
Bosch hole pattern and diameter is the same as the 1617 plunge base. I cut them in half and made a set. I used a drill bit to slide into the holes of the base to get the precise size prior to ordering, no slop, smooth action. I also ordered the metric set screws with brass/bronze insert tips to lock the rods in the base. I also ordered 1/4-20 brass set screws to lock the rods into the edge guide. McMaster Carr had everything I needed, hardware wise. I thought this might help in your search.

Also Pat Warner offers some quality products that will work for you.

Ellery Becnel

lowell holmes
02-03-2016, 9:54 AM
You can buy rods at the BORG as well, Lowes too.:)