PDA

View Full Version : [video] Anyone love squirrels? Feed them from your hands? We do.

Mike Dowell
01-31-2016, 8:05 PM
We've got quite the squirrel fan club over here at our home in Maryland. Here's a video of my son feeding one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uzp3GMGl9mxNnTkmO1oe8E2HSz5rxNfa0w/view?usp=sharing

Jay Aubuchon
01-31-2016, 9:15 PM
If you love squirrels, you might also be interested in Sneezy the Penn State Squirrel (https://www.facebook.com/SneezySquirrel).

Lee Schierer
01-31-2016, 9:24 PM
When we were in Scotland, my granddaughter who was 12 at the time had this one come right to her several times to eat peanuts right out of her hand.
Squirrels are fun to watch and have around as long as they stay out of your house and storage buildings. They can do immense damage in a short time inside a building.

Mike Dowell
02-01-2016, 9:44 AM
Sneezy - love that name. I've had several squirrels I rescued as babies, but they are difficult to care for so I've always taken them to a wildlife rehab facility.

Erik Loza
02-01-2016, 10:14 AM
I see this lady at our neighborhood grocery store from time to time...

Erik

Mel Fulks
02-01-2016, 11:06 AM
They are always happy ,industrious,and good at finding their stuff. So I hate them.

Jim Koepke
02-01-2016, 2:46 PM
I see this lady at our neighborhood grocery store from time to time...

Erik

Makes me think of the Whoopie Goldberg line in Rat Race, "We should have bought a squirrel!" as their car goes over a cliff.

In California I used to feed the squirrels in our yard. I would stop when they started burying them instead of eating them. They would eat and plant many of the nuts they picked off our black walnut tree. One of them liked to toss nuts at me while I was sitting in the yard having a cigaret.

jtk

Yonak Hawkins
02-01-2016, 4:34 PM
They are always happy ,industrious,and good at finding their stuff. So I hate them.

They're also acrobatic and clever. They're the foil to anyone with a bird feeder. Fortunately, I haven't had one on my feeder in nearly 3-1/2 years. I'm feeling pretty smug for having out-foxed the squirrels .. that is, until the first time I get out-squirreled. Here's a Valentine's Day card I got couple of years ago :

Larry Browning
02-01-2016, 4:43 PM
They are rats with bushy tails. I can't imagine trying to make a pet of one of them. They are disgusting creatures!

Von Bickley
02-01-2016, 5:37 PM
They are rats with bushy tails. I can't imagine trying to make a pet of one of them. They are disgusting creatures!

I have two names for squirrels, tree rat and target.

Chris Padilla
02-01-2016, 5:49 PM
They are quite destructive around my place...seem to chew just about everything up! Now that we have a dog, they stay in the tree. Now the dog is chewing everything up! LOL! (not really...at least we can train the dog!)

Larry Frank
02-01-2016, 7:47 PM
They are cute and entertaining. They also are big rats, carry disease and can bite.

I would never let a little child feed them.

daryl moses
02-01-2016, 9:06 PM
I like squirrels, especially with dumplings and home made biscuits..............

John A langley
02-02-2016, 8:44 AM
Just like some dogs Larry

Chris Padilla
02-02-2016, 4:11 PM
I've seen rats much larger than squirrels...and even some dogs! :p