PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Home position change

Jeff Belany
01-31-2016, 4:05 PM
Anyone else have problems getting the Home to move on an Epilog? Hold down the Stop/Speed buttons, make the change and hit Go. It moved once a bit but after that I tried to move it more 4 or 5 (or more) times and no change. Emailed Epilog Tech 2-3 days ago, no answer yet. I know I should call but I'm a one man shop and every time I get on a long call I get customers walk in. (Gee, maybe I should super glue the phone to my ear and I'd get a ton of customers!! LOL!!!)

Any ideas from you gurus out there?

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Uma Duffy
02-01-2016, 2:39 PM
1. x/y off
2. go
3 .set home
works every time

Jeff Belany
02-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Uma -- tried your technique, doesn't work on my machine. When I disable x/y, I cannot use the stop/speed buttons to change the Home position. I think your idea works for a temporary change of the Home. Thanks anyway.

Eric Allen
02-03-2016, 12:59 PM
You might try their live chat, I've had good success with that the one time I needed them since they quit providing snappy phone support. It was pretty quick, like their phone support used to be ... I only use the temporary home change, so no help there:)

Chris Abitong
02-03-2016, 4:39 PM
In the calibration menu you can permanently change the home position...

Increasing the X-Home value will home the X-home to the left and increasing the Y-Home will move the Y-Home up. Press Go to save any changes...

Jeff Belany
02-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Chris,

I've done this numerous times and the changes don't seem to "take". Following directions word for word.

I assume there is a sensor on the Y axis to detect where the beam is at. Anyone know where it is located? And how it works?