PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me Your Thoughts On DeWalt DW717

Chris Chandler
01-31-2016, 12:50 PM
I'm looking at getting more into woodworking. I used to be a carpenter for about 2 1/2 years and since then I have done a few woodworking projects. I've done some trim work, built a hall tree, and most recently built a mantel. I am now working on a straight razor box. I wanted to buy a 10" dewalt miter saw because I like I clean it cuts. I want to start making my purchases for my future woodworking shop in my garage and want to make the initial purchase count. What are everyone's thoughts on the DW717? I want a saw that cuts clean at high RPM's but at the same time, can cut large lumber like a 1x10 if I need to make a mantel top or other larger materials.

Greg R Bradley
01-31-2016, 1:49 PM
I assume you found one of the ones being blown out at $299 after it was discontinued?

I have one and it works well for what it is. Basically mostly a construction miter saw that has enough precision for trim as long as you can stand the dust it throws everywhere.

Chris Chandler
01-31-2016, 2:23 PM
I assume you found one of the ones being blown out at $299 after it was discontinued?

I have one and it works well for what it is. Basically mostly a construction miter saw that has enough precision for trim as long as you can stand the dust it throws everywhere.
I didn't find one at that price. I was just looking on Lowe's and Amazon and they were running around $499