PDA

View Full Version : Check out the massive lathe over at the festool owners group

Sam Beagle
01-31-2016, 12:22 PM
Title says it. Some one called it a pattern making Lathe. It's the biggest I've ever seen. I didn't think to get a link. But check out the FOG, it's a great forum like this one.

Dick Strauss
02-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Zimmermann with 40" swing and 60" between centers and 5hp along with pattern making carriage...boy would I like to have that beast! I might consider turning that into a monster CNC lathe where I let the cnc do some of the roughout son big pieces.

Olaf Vogel
02-03-2016, 7:48 PM
Zimmermann with 40" swing and 60" between centers and 5hp along with pattern making carriage...boy would I like to have that beast! I might consider turning that into a monster CNC lathe where I let the cnc do some of the roughout son big pieces.

This one?
http://www.ued-ed.com/02103420182663.html

Nice!

Doug Ladendorf
02-03-2016, 8:37 PM
It's even bigger than that one. One of the usual suspects you probably recognize Olaf. I'm surprised it hasn't surfaced on OWWM. Big lathe with a great electronic stop built in.

Doug

Edit: well that didn't take long. It's now on another popular commerce site.

Olaf Vogel
02-03-2016, 9:31 PM
It's even bigger than that one. One of the usual suspects you probably recognize Olaf. I'm surprised it hasn't surfaced on OWWM. Big lathe with a great electronic stop built in.

Doug

Edit: well that didn't take long. It's now on another popular commerce site.

so he's got an Oliver 20 and now this new one.
Thats a little greedy. :)

Hell, I;m just jealous!

Its on Canadian Woodworking too