PDA

View Full Version : Scraper handles:

Reed Gray
01-30-2016, 5:08 PM
First new video clip in a while, more coming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HCjFdcfyaQ&feature=em-upload_owner

robo hippy

Rick Bailey
01-30-2016, 8:21 PM
Nice job as always Mr Robo,
Thanks.:)

Sid Matheny
01-30-2016, 11:52 PM
Another very nice video Reed.

Mike Goetzke
01-31-2016, 10:13 AM
Very timely for me. I have a Thompson 1-1/4" scraper needing a handle and shaping for inside of bowls. I've had fun making round shafted (and square for some carbide tools) handles but was wondering how to approach the tang. I'll try to duplicate this except for the Baltic birch "bread."

I have a general question about making handles for round shafted tools. I've made a few copying what I read others had done which included adding some epoxy to the hole. Then I saw (I think here) someone use a compression fitting for a ferrule to secure the tool. Now I'm wishing I did this so I could remove the tool: 1) in case I don't like the handle and 2) make it easier to sharpen the tool. I made handles like the Easy Wood Pro and now I think they may be too long.

Thanks,

Mike

Alan Heffernan
01-31-2016, 10:15 AM
Thanks Reed, good tutorial.

carl mesaros
01-31-2016, 7:35 PM
Thanks again Reed for a great video. This is a very good idea. I buy all my tools un handled now and will try yours out on the next one I buy.

James Combs
02-07-2016, 9:12 PM
Hi Reed, not a response to this thread but just to give you a heads up, your PM in basket errors out with a full message. Just saying.:D

Reed Gray
02-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Cleared it out James, thanks for the heads up....

robo hippy