PDA

View Full Version : A sad start to my weekend.....

Chuck Wintle
09-10-2005, 12:19 PM
yesterday I attended a funeral service for my son's high school buddy. He was just 21 when he was killed in a car crash while riding as a passenger. The driver was intoxicated and they had just left a party and, as young men somtimes are, recklessness took over and he crashed the car doing over 70mph on a twisty narrow road. I know the parents and the boy fairly well and the grief and emotion during the service was palpable. Why is it the good seem to die young?

Richard Wolf
09-10-2005, 12:40 PM
There's no answer to some questions.

Richard

Steve Clardy
09-10-2005, 1:19 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Jim Dunn
09-10-2005, 2:28 PM
Kids! You spend your life raising them, instilling common sense into them, loving them. Then you watch them enter life on their own and something like this happens. Did anybody do anything to cause this. Not likely, parents want only the best for them. Friends need them to feel complete.

Sorry for your son's loss of his friend.

Jerry Clark
09-10-2005, 3:12 PM
Sorry for the sadness in your life-- sometimes this is a wake-up call for others, and may prevent this from happening to them. I lost a neice in January the same way!

Ken Fitzgerald
09-10-2005, 4:27 PM
Sorry for the loss in you and your son's lives!

It's sad that things like this happen! I watched a neighbors son get involved in a similar thing...he walked away...his buddy didn't.......What can you say?

Randy Moore
09-10-2005, 4:55 PM
I can't say a thing about kids and the way they behave. I probably did some of the same STUPID things when I was younger. All you can is watch and hope that something like this does,t happen.

Sorry for your pain and sorrow in you lives.

My prayers go out for the families.

Randy