PDA

View Full Version : INCA Jointer Planer 343.132

Mark Almeidus
01-29-2016, 6:42 PM
Hi there,
I came across with a good price of 3 INCA machines in my town. Jointer/Planer, Planer and a Circular Saw. They are in good condition and probably never used or probably a little. The owner was nice and showed me how they work.
But there was something fishy about the jointer/planer. First he says the attachment cant be removed, and second it didnt do a good job with smoothing the piece we tried, and the sound was little rough compared to the planer.
I searched the internet and cant find a video or topic about how to remove the atachment of the jointer/planer.
Tomorrow I will visit the owner again and will trouble him more about this.

Anyone of you INCA owners can give me direction about how to remove the attachment?

Here are some photos:

On this image where is marked with red, it looks like its out of position to me or maybe its normal dont know.

Price for all 3 machines is 450 euro.

Mark Almeidus
01-29-2016, 6:44 PM

John TenEyck
01-29-2016, 7:05 PM
Hi Mark,

Those look like some of the early Inca machines. I'm not very familiar with them as I had a later model power jointer/planer. With the planer you have you have to push the board thru it, correct? The planer attachment definitely was designed to be removed - so that it could be used as a jointer - that much I do know. Something looks strange with it where your red arrow is in that photo so perhaps something is out of alignment.

There is a Yahoo Inca owner's group that likely can help you with any questions you have on any of the machines. Someone there might also be able to provide you with owner's manuals for them. You can find them at this link: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/incawoodworking/info

Good luck with your "new" machines.

John

(https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/incawoodworking/info)

Erik Drvodelski
01-29-2016, 7:14 PM
Hello there, it's Erik here, Marko's friend. I am trying to assist him with the buying of the machines, as I am happy owner of Inca Bandsaw.

We are trying to figure out how this planer attachment works, yes, the feeding is manual, you need to push the boards through. As far as I know I haven't seen other machine with this type of attachment and we are wondering how this works. The only thing we can rely upon is that it is designed by swiss engineers. :) We will really appreciate if we met some owner of such attachment. The US Model is 410/420.

Jim Dwight
01-29-2016, 7:56 PM
I have that jointer/planner with the planner attachment. It is 8 5/8 wide. That is a limitation but as a jointer it is fairly wide. As a planner it is even narrower compared to others but most boards are less than 8 5/8. The bigger problem I had with it is the manual feed. Wax helps but it is pretty difficult to push wood through. I planned probably around 100 bd feet through it and then I bought a used Ryobi AP-10 (10 inches wide). It is much easier to use it as a planner than the INCA.

So if you buy it, I wouldn't pay much more for the planner attachment, I don't think you will like using it. But it is OK as a jointer. The tables are short but that makes it easier to store too. If I am careful, it will do good work as a jointer.

Mark Almeidus
01-29-2016, 9:07 PM
Thanks for the info :)

Jim,
For the planer, is it normal to be like that? One side seems to be higher then the other. When you put piece of wood through the planer, the higher spot would come to its natural position. Did you find the same behaviour on your planer?

John TenEyck
01-29-2016, 9:15 PM
My mistake, I thought Marko had already bought them. OK, seeing he has not yet done so I would not buy the jointer/planer. Nor would I buy the table saw unless he needs a mortiser - and it's really cheap, like less than $100. The table saw is too small in my opinion to do anything except very small projects. And I'm pretty sure the table tilts, not the arbor, so beveled cuts are difficult. But I would buy the jointer if nothing is broken and the price is less than about $250. I had a 10" Inca jointer/planer combo machine for about 25 years. I put a lot of wood across and through that machine and it always performed well. The jointer tables are short, but I had no trouble jointing a straight edge on 8 ft long stock.

John