PDA

View Full Version : Amazon price drop and rebates heads up

Christopher Stahl
09-10-2005, 10:37 AM
I just made some purchases from Amazon this morning.

The Performax 22x44 was at a higher price for a week or so, but has dropped back down to $949 with free shipping, plus Performax has a $100 mail in rebate.

The Fuji Industrial Spray Equipment 3004 Q4 PRO has dropped to $624.94 with free shipping. That was a $275 drop which seems like a pretty darn good deal.

Thought I would throw out a heads up.

chris

Byron Trantham
09-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Tanks for the heads up. I shop at Amazon a lot. :D

Frank Hagan
09-10-2005, 8:24 PM
So do I ... SMC should set up as an Associate with them. It pays for the server space for my boat building forums, but my purchases through Amazon don't qualify since I am the one getting the associate fees. I'd gladly help support the Creek by clicking through to Amazon.com from a page here with tools on it.

Christopher Stahl
09-10-2005, 8:28 PM
I haven't looked at the Associate Program, what are the benefits? I was guessing a discount. :)

chris

Frank Hagan
09-11-2005, 1:10 AM
The associates program pays the web page sponsoring the link a commission on each sale (without affecting the price to the consumer). SMC would have to either put up a page with an Amazon search box, or, as I do, have reviews of particular items and have links to them (my site includes some reveiws of books on the gaff rig, a pretty obscure sail plan nowadays). They have probably thought about it and decided not to do it to maintain their non-commercial standard (and who am I to tell SMC how to run their forums anyway ... these are among the best on the Internet!)