PDA

View Full Version : ok What is it?

William Nimmo
01-27-2016, 7:09 PM
I have some items acquired from woodshop auctions. What are they?

the blade says leuco 250 30 60. The numbers are the measurements in mm. diameter, thickness, arbor. I guess it is an industrial dado blade / groover but what kind of saw uses this?

The other is some sort of dolly but i never saw one like this and wonder the purpose330462330463

Charles B Wilson
01-27-2016, 8:07 PM
The first item is part of a hogging head setup (looks like its missing the full blade)that would be used on the trim station on a through feed machine such as a tenoner.

CW

Dave Zellers
01-27-2016, 8:27 PM
That second one is weird since that short handle eliminates all the leverage.

Is there a sign on the bottom that says "For Heavens sake, just pick it up!"

:)

Tom M King
01-27-2016, 8:44 PM
I had a lift sort of like that for a gokart my Dad brought home for me in 1963. It had two West Bend 2-stroke engines on it that were too powerful for centrifugal clutches of the day. Each motor was straight to a chain sprocket on the axle, and each rear wheel turned independently on the other one. The lift was so you could run the motors to work on them. It would HAUL ASS. You'd pull start one engine over your shoulder, and the other would start from the wheel turning.

They were just building I95 then, and we would take it in the back of a pickup on weekends to where they were working on 95. I rode it for many miles when it was just dirt. I'd fly from Gaston, NC to Emporia, VA, put a quarters worth of gas in it at a service station on 301, and fly back.

We had a pretty big front yard, and I ran a circle track groove in the front yard going sideways around the turns.

Ed Labadie
01-28-2016, 10:26 AM
The dolly looks like it was part of a garden hose reel at one time, the vertical part would have been taller and had the reel mounted on it, it's been cut off.

Ed

Bill Orbine
01-28-2016, 12:46 PM
Blade is for hogging machine

dolly is for lifting small racecars off ground. You see some heavy duty ones in sprint cars. Up fast, change the tire quick.