PDA

View Full Version : why is it...

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-10-2005, 4:01 AM
...that trucks carrying fish have 'FISH' priinted on the outside of the truck, but I don't see trucks that say 'BEEF' or 'CHICKEN'? :confused:

Been wondering about this for years.

Jim Dunn
09-10-2005, 9:30 AM
Cause it's to warn you of the ever present stink?

Dennis Peacock
09-10-2005, 9:51 AM
Because folks don't eat fish? so the load is safe. :p :D

Now, I ain't so sure I'd put "Chicken" on the outside of my truck....?That could stir up either of the two situations:

1. Stir up a fist fight because the truck as "Chicken?" or "Chicken!" on the outside....that offensive to some folks ya know. Can't you just see it? Chicken!.....Oh yea...well I'll show you!!!!!!

2. I think it's against the law around here....but you can't play chicken legally. That causes way too many car wrecks....but is a popular sport in some areas. Besides that? It just ain't fair playing "chicken" with a large Mac Truch with you Ford F150....kinda one sided don't ya think? ;)

Just my 2¢ worth. :p :p :D

John Miliunas
09-10-2005, 9:55 AM
It's actually a subliminal message telling people to take the day off and go drown some worms!:D :) :cool:

Rob Bourgeois
09-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Its because....."Fish are friends not food" --Brucey...
"Finding Nemo"

Sorry My 3 year old loves that movie.

David Wilson
09-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Don't know the answer to your question but as a side note, we have a fish vendor that frequents our area . The name on the truck is
Dead Fish Company

Steve Clardy
09-10-2005, 1:21 PM
Hmmm. Never see a truck with -Dressed Rabbits- either.

Ed Breen
09-12-2005, 6:13 PM
Hmmm. Never see a truck with -Dressed Rabbits- either.
Dang,
Our rabbits in oklahoma never dress! They just run the road in their fur coats.

By the by, I once had to drive up a loooooong hill on Ar. 14 with a tyson tanker in front. WHEW!!!

Norman Hitt
09-12-2005, 7:33 PM
Once a Refridgerated Trailer, ("Reefer"), has hauled fish, the odor lingers forever, and will make it's presence known in anything else you haul in it, like vegetables, etc. They mark them with FISH, so someone doesn't accidentally load them with another vegetable and then you complain about the lettuce tasting like Fish"...........Ugh!!!!!! :eek:

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Thank you...I knew sooner or later somebody would post a serious answer. :) I will nap better this morning.

KC

Jason Roehl
09-14-2005, 8:46 AM
Just a note...if it says, "Dogfish Head" on the side, that's not fish. It's a really good beer...

Kurt Aebi
09-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Kinda makes me think of a story I read about the trash trucks from New Jersey that go into central PA to the landfills loading up with vegetables to return to New Jersey! I bet that was some RANK Produce by the time it got there!! :eek: