PDA

View Full Version : Y axis motor burned out on Rayjet 300

Robert Tepper
01-26-2016, 11:32 PM
Last week I had a stepper motor stop working. Trotec support was outstanding. They sent the replacement overnight and I was only down one day.

Taking the motor out was a breeze, getting all three screws back in was an adventure.

My salesman came out today to follow up and make sure that I had proper tension on the belt.

In three and 1/2 years this is only my third day of being down.

Just sharing my experience.

Robert

Mike Null
01-27-2016, 7:28 AM
Robert
My 300 is 9 years old. It's been down for a total of 6 days; 5 to rebuild the tube and one to replace bearings.

My rep spent the better part of the day helping with the bearings and I took less than 30 minutes to re-install the tube.

Robert Tepper
01-27-2016, 10:28 PM
That is a good record Mike. I am looking to purchase a second machine by the end of the year, either a 300 or the new 360.

Just have to see if the demand keeps strong.

Robert

Raphael Weil
01-28-2016, 2:54 PM
You guys are lucky. Mine is a month old and was down 4 days, and I'm not sure it's over. I guess it's a little bit of luck of the draw.

Mark Sipes
01-28-2016, 3:18 PM
Raphael:

TROTEC??

Had mine since 2001 down maybe 8 days including a tube recharge..

Raphael Weil
01-28-2016, 3:59 PM
Raphael:

TROTEC??

Had mine since 2001 down maybe 8 days including a tube recharge..

ya, Speedy 300. Only had it a month :(

Mark Sipes
01-28-2016, 4:32 PM
Thanks, just saw your other post. If the x and y motors do not sound the same when slewing or in normal operation.. I would call for a replacement motor.

I have never had a problem with Tech support helping to keep my machine running....

Robert Tepper
01-29-2016, 12:25 AM
Rahael,

That is highly unusual for a Trotec, almost unheard of. What is the problem? Has your salesperson been made aware of the problem? Are you in touch with tech support?

Sorry for all the questions, I just find it rare for someone to have immediate problems with a new Trotec.

Robert