PDA

View Full Version : Delta TS blade alignment

George Pell
06-10-2003, 9:37 PM
Lately the cuts on my TS have not been square, so tonight I checked the blade alignment, and it's a bit off. So I figure it's just a simple matter of re-aligning it. Well, I must be going dense, because I can not for the life of me figure out how to re-align my blade. I have a Delta 36-650, and it mentions nothing about re-aligning the blade in the instruction manual. I looked inside the saw and could not see how to do it. There has got to be a way to adjust the blade alignment. Am I missing something here? I can't believe Delta would make a saw that you could not re-align the blade. Please help before I lose what's left of my sanity.

George

Bruce Page
06-10-2003, 11:26 PM
George, on my old Craftsman TS, I had to loosen the bolts holding the trunnions and adjust the assembly and blade parallel to the miter slots. I believe that most if not all contractor saws are aligned this way. On a cabinet saw like my Unisaw, you loosen the tabletop and adjust it to the blade.

Everyone wants to be Cary Grant. Even I want to be Cary Grant. -- Cary Grant

George Pell
06-11-2003, 11:29 AM
I finally figured out I needed to loosen the trunion bolts to make the adjustment. But when I tightened the bolts back up it caused the blade to become unaligned again. I tried various things to keep the blade form moving, but nothing worked. I finally got it right, just out of pure luck. I can't believe the saw manufacturers can't make a more efficient systen to adjust the blade. That was a really frustrating experience.

George

David LaRue
06-11-2003, 12:14 PM
In-Line Industries, maker of a product called PALS, (and the Dubby Board) makes a product to help you keep your sanity, and your blade in alignment on contractor type saws. www.in-lineindustries.com

http://www.in-lineindustries.com/saw_pals.html

Good Sawing

Dave

Don Farr
06-11-2003, 12:15 PM
George,
When I went through this same battle with my Ridgid TS. I loosened three of the four bolts and tapped it into alignment with a rubber mallet.
This seemed to work for me, maybe it will help next time.