PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Ohio Woodworking Show

George Bokros
01-26-2016, 7:52 AM
Anyone going to the woodworking show in Columbus this weekend?

Anyone from northeast Ohio going to woodworking show and what day are you going?

Rich Engelhardt
01-26-2016, 9:10 AM
I'd like to but...

The bandages come off on Thursday & I'm afraid this weekend is way too early to think about a trip like that. :(

Brian Tymchak
01-26-2016, 11:05 AM
I'll likely be heading to the Woodwerks Winter Expo vs the Woodworking show at the fairgrounds (although someone could do both over the weekend). It's usually crowded and parking is a bit of a challenge (and with the better economy, it will likely be more so) but IMO the deals are better and on better gear. They were just starting to clear display area for a new line of tools when I was last in there (the brand escapes me, but I think it was more commercial shop oriented). But I'm looking forward to checking that out.

George Bokros
01-26-2016, 11:23 AM
I'll likely be heading to the Woodwerks Winter Expo vs the Woodworking show at the fairgrounds (although someone could do both over the weekend).

I was thinking about hitting both.

Andrew Pitonyak
01-26-2016, 2:31 PM
For certain I will go to the woodworking show. I am not yet sure if I will go on Friday or Saturday.

Bruce Wrenn
01-26-2016, 9:36 PM
Missed Baltimore show due to late conflicts, but plan on doing Chantilly first weekend in Feb. Hoping for NO SNOW!

Brian Tymchak
01-27-2016, 8:25 AM
Since you guys are going to the Woodworking Shows, I was wondering if anything had improved. Have to admit that I got turned off on these shows years ago when all the tool vendors stopped coming and it was basically just PeachTree. But this time I see that the 360 guys will be there and doing an actual project - that's kind of interesting. Lee Valley is always there and I like to spend time there but last time I went, their show specials were just free shipping. I see something new - Paid seminars during prime time hours. Hmm.

I noticed 4 spots reserved for ToolTime Liquidators. My interest is peaked a little bit - maybe I can find a good deal - so I tried to find out something about them.

You know I can't find a website for these guys. They apparently are/were set up as an Amazon seller - here's what Amazon says about them:

Tool Time Liquidators received 0
feedback ratings in the last year, putting it in the 250,460
position overall amongst all Amazon Usa sellers. They had increased their sales over the last 90 days and thus have jumped into 193,379
position. More importantly in the last month sales kept rising, pushing the rank all the way up to 156580

They have 12 items (none are tools btw) on their seller page all listed as "Currently Unavailable" and the one and only lifetime feedback on their page is:

5 out of 5 stars
Return of defective item was painless.
By Gearjunkie on July 13, 2013.

Andrew Pitonyak
01-27-2016, 10:04 AM
I was wondering if anything had improved. Have to admit that I got turned off on these shows years ago when all the tool vendors stopped coming and it was basically just PeachTree. But this time I see that the 360 guys will be there and doing an actual project - that's kind of interesting. Lee Valley is always there and I like to spend time there but last time I went, their show specials were just free shipping. I see something new - Paid seminars during prime time hours. Hmm.

I noticed 4 spots reserved for ToolTime Liquidators. My interest is peaked a little bit - maybe I can find a good deal - so I tried to find out something about them.

You know I can't find a website for these guys. They apparently are/were set up as an Amazon selle

The problem with Lee Valley is that the place is always very crowded :D

If there is something that you wanted to try or to just hold in your hands, that is a reason to go for sure.

ToolTime Liquidators. I know NOTHING about them, but, in that general location they usually have a setup that looks like what they have now (based on the map). So, no idea if they are the same guys, but, the last couple of years there was a seller with a load of what appeared to me to be "cheap stuff". In my mind, I was thinking mostly Chinese stuff that is sometimes interesting. They certainly seemed to do a lot of business, and I know that I have purchased some things from them (happily), but I do not remember off hand what it was.

I have not attended their classes. I have mostly gone just to see the vendors and what they have.

I have purchased things also from WoodPeckers at this show.

Ron Herman is listed as having a table. I have seen some of his talks already (or at least labeled the same), and I found them worthwhile. I really liked his understanding wood talk, which is a paid talk.

No idea this will be useful / interesting for you.

George Bokros
01-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Regarding Tool Time Liquidators - Mostly cheap tools. I did get some buys on sanding discs for my ROS last year. Woodpeckers is giving 10% off purchases at the show. Peach Tree has oms good stuff at fair prices.

Looking at the show layout it looks like Peach Tree is pretty much the whole show other that the classes.