PDA

View Full Version : It came (pics)

Dave Malen
09-09-2005, 10:28 PM
My new Laguna Lt 14se came today! With the help of a friend I got it down to my basement shop. Didn't have time to start assembly. Here's some pics that show how it was shipped. One disappointment so far (although not major) On the steel stand there was some rust. How would you get it off without damaging the rest of the paint?

Dave

Ken Fitzgerald
09-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Dave...try using a little naval jelly ...usually available at a well stocked hardware store......I don't think it'll bother anything but the rust...Good Luck and Great Gloat!

Corey Hallagan
09-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Congrats on the new saw! It is a beauty. The only way I know of to get rid of rust is to either sand or file it off, primer and repaint. If it peforms ok, maybe the manf will send you some touch up paint.
Corey

Richard Wolf
09-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Good luck with the saw.

Richard

Dev Emch
09-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey Dave, these guys now have square guard covers on them? I am used to the round covers from kazillion years ago.:) Nice toy. Your going to have some fun with this.

As for the rust, I would take a paper towel with a tad of naval jelly and wipe it on. Rub it lightly and wipe off with a clean towel. Do not let this stuff dry as it makes things a bit harder.

One trick I use. After cleaning a part with naval jelly, wash the jelly and grime off with luke warm water. Thats right kiddies, H2O! IMMEDIATELY following the H20 bubble bath, wipe off the water and then spray with WD-40. Did I say immediately enough? You will notice tiny bubbles ozzing up. Leave the WD-40 on for a few days or so. Then wipe up. The WD-40 penetrates the surface of the metal and forces tiny molecules of water out from the tiny metal pores. This is part of my treatment for turning rust buckets into gorgous shop machines.

Keith Foster
09-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Simply a Sweet Saw!

Dave Malen
09-09-2005, 11:26 PM
I do have some naval jelly and will give it a try. I 'll let you know how it works out. Can't wait to start making some sawdust with this machine.

Dave