PDA

View Full Version : Another EZCAD question. Cant set Hatch parameters in the design phase

Neville Stewart
01-25-2016, 12:46 PM
I was designing/cutting away fine yesterday, turned off the laser, came back an hour later and only turned on Comp & red light to mess around with vector selection. I couldn’t get the selection ( a square ) to hatch and it would disappear and only the sizing handles would show although “Hatch” would show up in the left hand column. I re cycled the start up procedure and tried again, nothing, but when I imported a previously hatched file, it would run and cut. I even deleted that design, drew a square and it hatched/& cut, but when I closed that session and opened a new one, same issue - no hatch I gave up as it got late, any thoughts?

Keith Winter
01-25-2016, 3:05 PM
Wonder of the color you are using has something to do with it? Is this something you imported from another program? Make sure it's solid black.

Neville Stewart
01-25-2016, 3:19 PM
Well that's possible, but I did close that session down and drew a square for testing.

Neville Stewart
01-25-2016, 7:44 PM
Just got home Pressed main power, then red light, then laser then computer. I left laser off when I started last night.Its working, so it seems like a relay or driver activates when you start in sequence and the computer sees all the necessary controls. Just a guess, but it is working : )

Keith Winter
01-25-2016, 8:15 PM
That's true you have to start the laser before you start the software or it runs in demo mode only. At least on the ones I've seen.

Neville Stewart
01-25-2016, 9:45 PM
Well now its outlining the vectors but not filling the hatch. I must have something unchecked. darn...

Scott Shepherd
01-25-2016, 9:48 PM
Post screen shots of your hatch settings and I'm sure you will get help.

Neville Stewart
01-25-2016, 10:56 PM
Post screen shots of your hatch settings and I'm sure you will get help.

I will do Scott, good idea, Chinglish stumps me sometimes.