PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Lasercut with the Corel plugin?

Gene Uselman
01-25-2016, 11:07 AM
I am using LCut 6.1 and it is really clunky- I think that they have a plugin for Corel. Can you set the colors (speed and power) in corel? This sounds promising? Also I think I have seen mentioned Adobe Illustrator which is more familiar with (Use FlexiSignPro on a daily basis for 20 years). thanks Gene

Bert Kemp
01-25-2016, 3:42 PM
I've been warned against using the corel plugin some say it works ok but others say its a lot of hassle and just causes problems. Design in corel and import to lasercut its easy and is only 2 more clicks. You set your colors in corel for what you want them to do. for example red cut thru, blue engrave, green vector engrave or how ever you set it up then in laser cut you set power and speed for all your colors. Pretty easy and doesn't take but a few seconds. I use 5.3 but have heard its very similar to 6.1 if you need help just ask.

Ernie Balch
01-25-2016, 8:08 PM
I use the corel plugin for lasercut 5.3 it works great. I especially like the fact that I can design in inches and it automatically converts the file to metric that LaserCut wants to see.
My setup is Corel X4 and Windows XP, I got all the setup info from the Rabbitlaserusa website.
Ray did not have much experience with it so he could not provide support for the one question I have had in over 4 years.
I was told that the driver only works with 32 bit systems. I expect that people with newer software might have problems.

ernie

Gene Uselman
01-26-2016, 2:17 PM
Hi Ernie- your name is really familiar, maybe from Shopbot or Vectric or a sign forum? So... you can set up your cut/engrave speeds and power in Corel? I am really looking for a way around doing much
of anything in LaserCut. Thanks Gene

BTW- I am GeneMpls on most other boards

Ernie Balch
01-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Gene, I occasionally show up on Shopbot and Vectric forums.
The Laser cut dialog box pops up in Corel when I am ready to send the file. I just assign cut or engrave to each color along with the power and speed, and number of reps. I can also simulate and check the process time and assign offsets all without leaving Corel. From what I can tell it work very much like the printer drivers from the big three except I send the file to the laser and then can work on the next design while the laser runs. I like the fact that the laser stores my file so I can come back the next day, turn on the laser and start running without even booting up my PC.

Bill George
01-28-2016, 1:01 PM
Does the LaserCut Corel plug in save your color settings and assignments? My ULS can Save and then next time I am doing gold lasermag for example its ready to Load in.

Bert Kemp
01-28-2016, 2:15 PM
Gene, I occasionally show up on Shopbot and Vectric forums.
The Laser cut dialog box pops up in Corel when I am ready to send the file. I just assign cut or engrave to each color along with the power and speed, and number of reps. I can also simulate and check the process time and assign offsets all without leaving Corel. From what I can tell it work very much like the printer drivers from the big three except I send the file to the laser and then can work on the next design while the laser runs. I like the fact that the laser stores my file so I can come back the next day, turn on the laser and start running without even booting up my PC.

^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said except I import to lasercut then set my speed, power, cut, or engrave for my colors

Ernie Balch
01-29-2016, 4:21 PM
Bill, The lasercut Corel plugin saves the job settings in the active folder so I save each corel file in it's own folder named with the job ID and date. When I want to re run a job I open the corel drawing click on the lasercut icon, all the laser settings are retrieved and I am ready to go.