PDA

View Full Version : One wall, two Honey-dos..

steven c newman
01-24-2016, 10:01 PM
Ok, the Boss wanted first a coat hanger of sorts. A place to hang up coats and hats when we come in the door. Had a plank of 1x6 Pine, and a few old drawer knobs. made sure the plank would fit in the space where she wanted it. Had to trim it a bit. Spaced out for five knobs. Push drill to make a hole for the bolts for the knobs. Also four holes to attach this thing to the wall. Used four 2" long slotted head screws. The screws go through the plaster/lath wall, and into the King studs inside.
The nice part about this location, is that it is right over a hot air register. Dries out the wet stuff, and warms the coats up before you go back outside.....but..

The boss wanted something added on to this set up...back the Lowes and get a 1x6x48" plank. Cut it down to fit. The cutoff was used to make brackets. Corsair 8ppi crosscut to cut to length. Coping saw to cut out the two brackets from the single cut-off. needed a rebate on each end. Wards #78 to cut the rebate, Stanley #90 to tune it. Push drill for pilot holes. It doesn't do a very good job, of driving a spade bit. Needed two rather deep holes in the brackets, for a 3" long screw to attach the shelf to the wall. Added a dowel rod to hand thing with hangers. A metael brackets was added to help with the installation. Two screws per bracket, and one in the metal one..
Right now, this shelf is full of gloves, hats and mittins. The picture was a puzzle we put together, and then glued up. I suppose next I'll have to make a frame for that. Another look?
Nothing fancy, the Boss likes it, too. Brackets are held in place with a few screws and some glue.

Afraid to find out what she wants next...:eek:

Jim Koepke
01-25-2016, 2:24 AM
Funny that your honey do and mine for a coat rack hit top of the list at the same time.

I'm thinking of making another with bigger pegs so it can work in the house or shop for hats, coats and ropes.

jtk

Don Orr
01-25-2016, 2:38 PM
Looks good from here. Nice job and very few electrons had to suffer.