PDA

View Full Version : Any chance this fits my Sawstop?

Paul Snowden
01-23-2016, 5:22 PM
portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bfd/5382655923.html

The wife is always complaining about the dust I bring into the house so why not go big.

Eric Schubert
01-23-2016, 6:33 PM
Seems reasonable to me. I'd say go for it.

Bryan Cramer
01-23-2016, 9:42 PM
It will suck your saw up!:eek:

Ronald Blue
01-23-2016, 9:58 PM
Keep us posted. I am especially interested in your duct work layout. I am thinking you won't need to bother with blast gates. You better leave the doors to the shop open though.

Charles Lent
01-23-2016, 11:07 PM
Keep us posted. I am especially interested in your duct work layout. I am thinking you won't need to bother with blast gates. You better leave the doors to the shop open though.

Yea, and be sure to wear a safety harness tied off to something solid while working in your shop.

Charley

Tom Ewell
01-24-2016, 12:17 AM
At that price, just add a room for living quarters/mancave to the shop, invite the wife over for drinks occasionally.

Bill Orbine
01-24-2016, 7:13 AM
Solves one problem. Brings on more problems your wife will complain about.... electric bills thru the roof!

Harvey Miller
01-24-2016, 7:24 AM
No need to worry if it fits the saw, just run a duct to a shop window, cut a hole in your attic and call her done.

Ronald Blue
01-24-2016, 10:03 AM
Tell your wife it's a central vac system. That should convince her.

Joe Beaulieu
01-24-2016, 2:20 PM
It depends on which Sawstop you have. I have a Sawstop 10" 3hp Pro cabinet saw. It came with a 36" fitting, but everything I read says you should use 48" duct and then reduce down to the 36" right at the saw. You may need to look for a second unit like that, one may not be enough. I'd check the forum classifieds, those units are pretty common. You can make a mobile base for them if you gang two of them together.

Did you check the power requirement? 600 volt 3 phase is likely, but that shouldn't be a problem. Pretty common in our home shops. You might need to get your own utility substation, but well worth the extra cost.

You can go to any Walmart and get a radio controlled thing they sell for Christmas lights to run it remotely. That way you can leave it where it is, and run duct back to your shop. It will be cheaper than moving it.

Nice catch! Going to really round out your shop. Might want to get hearing protection though, and you may want to put a filter across the port to guard against things like your kids or the chihuahua getting sucked up. Just sayin...

JB

ed vitanovec
01-24-2016, 7:37 PM
Wow this is huge, you would have bragging rights with your local woodworkers.

Matthew Hills
01-25-2016, 9:46 AM
Make sure to put in a fill detector for when the bag is full. You don't want to have to go in there to clean out the filter if it gets backed up.

Ben Rivel
01-25-2016, 12:32 PM
LOL Wow that DC is huge!

Garth Almgren
01-25-2016, 2:10 PM
You might need to get your own utility substation, but well worth the extra cost.
I laughed until I was crying at this (It scared the dog). Thanks for the laugh Joe!

Anthony Whitesell
01-25-2016, 2:14 PM
Wow this is huge, you would have bragging rights with your local woodworkers.

You could probably connect to all the local woodworkers. At once.

Garth Almgren
01-25-2016, 3:07 PM
You could probably connect to all the local woodworkers. At once.
Community dust collection - I like it!