PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collector Filter

Dok Yager
01-21-2016, 3:23 PM
I have been on the lookout for a good filter to go on my shop fox 2hp collector. Preferably a 1 micron one. Looked at Wynn and several others as I already went through one Wynn in about 6 months. I was looking for one with am internal cleaner and happened across this:

http://www.amazon.com/Micron-Canister-Filter-Upgrade-Plastic/dp/B00546KM44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453407423&sr=8-1&keywords=dc19c

I ordered it and it came in yesterday! WOW is all I can say what a smoking deal! Hopefully this one will last a Lot longer. I guess I sand my turnings too much or it`s just that I don`t have any other way of disposing of the shavings, let alone all the dust. :rolleyes:

Art Mann
01-21-2016, 4:59 PM
So you were unable to clean the Wynn filter adequately? I'm just curious because there are a lot of people who have use the same one for many years.

glenn bradley
01-21-2016, 6:45 PM
So you were unable to clean the Wynn filter adequately? I'm just curious because there are a lot of people who have use the same one for many years.

I'm curious as well having gone 7 years with no sign of needing to replace. Did it get stabbed by something?

Terry Hatfield
01-21-2016, 7:49 PM
Add me to the curious list. I've had the same one for many years. I just blow it out with compressed air once in a while.

Dok Yager
01-23-2016, 10:04 PM
Yes it did get pierced and was completely full of dust again in about 40 days. This one os a 1 micron and made of the same material as the wynn but twice the size in height.