PDA

View Full Version : TGIF........ and a hunting I will go

Bob Noles
09-09-2005, 8:14 AM
Decided to play hookey from the office today and let the staff have a break from me. :eek:

LOML wanted to go antiquing at a huge monthly event here in Atlanta called Lakewood. It was not my first choice of the way to spend a beautiful day off, but after I got to thinking about it, I remembered once before going and there was a lot of "RUST" in those booths. So after sleeping on it I woke up this morning with a whole new attitude and now I am really looking forward to bumming around down there to see what Neanderthal items I may run across.

A hunting I will go.... A hunting I will go.... Hi-Ho Hi-Ho,,,, a hunting I will go!

Y'all have a great Friday.

Jeff Sudmeier
09-09-2005, 8:29 AM
Have a good one Bob!! I was thinking of playing hookey today too, but I have SOO much to do at work.

Good luck!

Alan Turner
09-09-2005, 9:16 AM
Good luck on your rusting adventure. I enjoy digging around in old tool boxes for that hidden Witherby, etc.

Dan Moening
09-09-2005, 9:42 AM
As I recall there is no bag limit and the "in possession" rule only takes into account the load weight of your vehicle. In other words, take your truck. :D

Have a great time!

James Mittlefehldt
09-09-2005, 3:24 PM
Just remember to report back to us what you see, whether you buy it or not. Interested people want to know, hope the day is good.

Allan I recently purchased a Witherby Draw knife, ten inch I believe for $20. in an antique mall.

Bob Noles
09-09-2005, 5:55 PM
Well.... The adventure was somewhat of a bust. Did a lot of looking and digging, but turned up little. Appears that antique dealers know the high end of the price range and stick to it. Found a good bit of neander tools that had been cleaned lightly and oiled (not refurbed) and placed on tables with outrageous prices. Did run up on a few old toolboxes under display tables that had a few rusty pieces, but nothing of real value or quality. About the only small gloat I got from the trip was a brand new can of Briwax for $6, the rest of the truckload was from the wife's efforts. :rolleyes:

Now I have been informed that tomorrow morning is flea market time.... I always do much better there and should be home before lunch and have the rest of the weekend in the shop.

Hey.... sometimes life is a balancing act :D

Ed Breen
09-14-2005, 6:21 PM
Hy Bob,

Flea markets are the thing!! I like to go to the open air places and look in the dirt under the table. Usually the seller does not value rusty iron covered in dust or mud highly. value - value -0 value
Ed:)

Bob Noles
09-14-2005, 8:05 PM
Ed,

and just how am I going to explain the dirty knnes on my jeans to the wife? :D

Seriously.... thanks for the good advice and I could not agree more.