PDA

View Full Version : So Goldilocks said to the 3 Bears...

Keith Foster
09-08-2005, 11:56 PM
My oh my, what a nice set of Grizzly's you have there...

http://www.951motorsports.com/GrizzlyGang.jpg

I know you guys and gals like photos, so I thought you might like to see what I've been up to this summer. Not shown is the 15" G0551 Planer (birthday present from my wife) due in Saturday and the G0440 Cyclone that's still in the box. I have hopes of starting assembly on the Cyclone this weekend. Long story about why I'm doing all of this at once, so I'll not bore everyone with the details. But the skinny is that the new house for the wife bought me a BUNCH of brownie points and a free ticket for "garage" stuff. Moral of the story, let Goldilocks pick the cave. :D

Don Baer
09-09-2005, 12:00 AM
WOW kieth....

Cool gloat. I'm in the process of letting my Goldilocks pick out a new cave mabe I can get some new tools too.

Corey Hallagan
09-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Jeez, what can a guy say other than Congrats and enjoy! Great haul of hauls!

Corey

Vaughn McMillan
09-09-2005, 1:41 AM
I leveraged a house purchase last year as an excuse to get a few new tools, but man, you got me beat bigtime. You must really know how to play your cards right. Great gloat.

- Vaughn

Jim Hager
09-09-2005, 7:49 AM
That is how I got my present shop. SWMBO wanted a new house so I worked out a deal with her to build a shop that we could live in for the time we built the house. :eek: Yes, we lived in my shop for 13 months. Of course I also had to have at least 3 major tools during the construction of the house to use for the new home completion.:D

http://a6.cpimg.com/image/B4/92/30629556-cabf-02000159-.jpg

See that little walk door way down at the other end. Inside there is the apartment we lived in while we built the house.

You are on the right track man!! Do something else amazing so you can get something else.:cool:

Richard Wolf
09-09-2005, 8:02 AM
Nice tools, Keith.

Richard

Frank Pellow
09-09-2005, 8:28 AM
Hey, Keith that's a great title that you gave this thread. The tools are nice too.

Ed Lang
09-09-2005, 8:34 AM
Grrrrrrrrate haul!

I too like green and hope you will post pictures and how the weekend assy of the cyclone goes. I am on the fence with the green vs white cyclone right now!

Jim Becker
09-09-2005, 8:56 AM
LOL! Frank's right...that thread title "draws one in"...for the kill!! Awesome haul, Keith. Congratulations.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Nice tools Keith.....I'm not sure I've seen a "nursery rhymes" gloat before...might be the first here...

Keith Foster
09-09-2005, 11:01 AM
See that little walk door way down at the other end. Inside there is the apartment we lived in while we built the house. I hear ya loud and clear. Spent a month last summer living in my wife's office while we waited for the house to be finished. Lucky for us her office is in a converted house, but sleeping on the floor on air matresses was a real bummer. Can't imagine pulling that duty for 13 months!:eek:

In the end it was worth it. Got a TON of room and a 3 car garage to boot. Heck, it's just her and I now - sometimes we don't even get upstairs for a month at a time.

Peter Stahl
09-09-2005, 4:19 PM
Nice gloat Kieth. All I got when we bought the new house were a lot of headaches.

Corey Hallagan
09-09-2005, 5:30 PM
Keith, now I put two and two together. Great looking tools but you spared all the agony you went thru to get the Griz's to their new resting place. Looks like Grizzly to good care of you though!

Corey

Steve Clardy
09-09-2005, 5:39 PM
Nice looking family there!!

Gail O'Rourke
09-09-2005, 8:06 PM
What Goldilocks wants is what Golilocks gets (of course being one of them, I am professional).....I am huge Grizzly fan also... Awesome.

Keith Foster
09-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Keith, now I put two and two together. Great looking tools but you spared all the agony you went thru to get the Griz's to their new resting place. Looks like Grizzly to good care of you though!

CoreyYes, there was quite a bit of pain with the delivery. But it's all forgotten once they are here and setup (well, not forgotten - but I'm moving on). We'll see how the final delivery goes tomorrow. Did I mention they were suppose to deliver last weekend but never showed - OR CALLED! :mad:

Anyway, after tomorrows delivery I'm out of the tool buying business for a while (OK, not really - but I had to tell Goldilocks something). :p As they say, it's time to saw or get off the pot - or something to that effect....

PS: Grizzly took VERY good care of me. I am extremely satisfied with all the purchases and with the support I received from their CS department. I highly recommend them - just make sure you order BEFORE you need the tools as Overnite delivery can be a bit of a disappointment.

lou sansone
09-10-2005, 5:42 AM
That is how I got my present shop. SWMBO wanted a new house so I worked out a deal with her to build a shop that we could live in for the time we built the house. :eek: Yes, we lived in my shop for 13 months. Of course I also had to have at least 3 major tools during the construction of the house to use for the new home completion.:D

http://a6.cpimg.com/image/B4/92/30629556-cabf-02000159-.jpg

See that little walk door way down at the other end. Inside there is the apartment we lived in while we built the house.

You are on the right track man!! Do something else amazing so you can get something else.:cool:

how about a nice tour of the inside and how did your house turn out?
lou