PDA

View Full Version : Gravograph IS800 spare parts

Chris Frew
01-19-2016, 5:48 PM
Hello everybody,

I'm working for a shop which is running an IS800 and a VX2 from Gravograph. I pulled the Y axis lead screw and cleaned the assembly, but the lead screw is worn beyond spec and it's producing lines which are far too wiggly. I'm wondering if anybody has a contact for lead screws for this machine, or if anybody has any experience in retrofitting older rotary engravers to accept aftermarket screws. Thanks!

Chris

Kev Williams
01-19-2016, 6:45 PM
You're pretty much going to have to contact Gravograph, and be prepared to bite a big bullet...

Chris Frew
01-19-2016, 6:51 PM
Thanks for your help Kev, I should have said in my OP, I've already tried Gravograph in Australia and they told me 'time for a new machine' apparently they stopped selling the lead screws last year! :rolleyes: So i'm hunting for hopefully someone who has a spare or two laying around that they would sell to me. I'm going to try the American branch of Gravograph today.

Kev Williams
01-19-2016, 11:30 PM
I'll get in touch with my local rep, if anyone knows where to get parts, he does. He can still get most parts for my 27 year old 5000XT machines...

Chris Frew
01-20-2016, 5:03 AM
Wow cheers Kev, let me know what he has to say. I emailed the US and UK branches of gravograph today so I'll let you know if there's any luck. These machines are built like tanks and I'd hate to de-commission a perfectly working engraver because of one part!

PM me your PayPal email if anything arises and I'll sort you out with something for your time!

Mike Null
01-20-2016, 7:34 AM
You might try Fred Schwarz at http://www.q1engravers.com/

Chris Frew
01-24-2016, 9:30 PM
Hey Mike

I shot off an email to Fred today, hopefully he can help me out. Cheers mate :)

In the mean time, i've dragged our VX2 down from our storage. Hopefully I can get the old girl running to make up for lost time!

Regards
Chris

Kev Williams
01-25-2016, 2:09 AM
My rep is looking, hoping to get an answer monday!

Mark Stubbs
09-10-2020, 6:09 AM
Hello everybody,

I'm working for a shop which is running an IS800 and a VX2 from Gravograph. I pulled the Y axis lead screw and cleaned the assembly, but the lead screw is worn beyond spec and it's producing lines which are far too wiggly. I'm wondering if anybody has a contact for lead screws for this machine, or if anybody has any experience in retrofitting older rotary engravers to accept aftermarket screws. Thanks!

Chris
I have a LS 900 gravograph co2 laser engraver . The main controller computer / motor driver unit needs fixing . Does anyone have one they don’t need and are willing to sell to me in Australia . Cheers Mark o

Kev Williams
09-10-2020, 2:29 PM
I had the same problem with my LS900 awhile back, X driver was bad...the factory fixed it for only $325, I was a bit surprised...

-and I never did get an answer from 'my guy', and this is the first the post has come up since so I've forgotten about it...

Mark Stubbs
09-11-2020, 10:29 AM
Hi does anyone have any electronic parts from a gravograph LS 900 co2 laser engraver . My engraver stopped working when I turn it on the laser seams to start up and the main computer fired up but on the front panel the lcd display lights up but no message on it . The red and green lights don’t light up and none of the buttons do anything . Cheers Mark from Australia.

michael Schwab
09-26-2020, 7:36 AM
Mark
Send me a message i might have what you are looking for

Mark Stubbs
10-10-2020, 5:33 AM
Mark
Send me a message i might have what you are looking for
I need the first circuit board of the 7 in the computer frame. The one with the connectors from the external plug ins pc etc
Thanks

Mark Stubbs
10-12-2020, 7:41 AM
Hi I need the first board. The one with the external connectors for the printer cable etc my LS 900 is about 20 years old. Cheers Mark

Mark Stubbs
10-17-2020, 7:39 AM
Hi Micheal I think I need the first circuit board of the 7 in the computer unit The one where all the external input /output sockets are on . Cheers Mark

Nick Michalares
10-18-2020, 7:26 AM
I ran into the same thing last week with an X lead screw off one of those. No longer available from Gravotech. I've been wanting to contact these guys about a replacement for the M40. Don't know if they'd do a one off, but may be worth a try. Sales@helixlinear.com. They're in Beachwood, OH. The Quality One tip may be the best. Good Luck, Let us know.

Nick Michalares

Mark Stubbs
11-14-2020, 7:16 PM
Hi Micheal I need the first circuit board where all the external devices plug into Pc.etc the machine has the older serial port . I’m not sure if the newer board with the usb input is compatible . If so would sooner that one . But not fussy just want to get it going. Plugged the pc in forgetting to turn off the engraver first damaging the system.

Mark Stubbs
12-17-2020, 7:02 AM
Hi Micheal do you have any circuit boards from a LS 900 old machine . Cheers Mark

Nick Michalares
12-25-2020, 2:56 PM
447898Which one do you think it is and I can get you a PN/quote.

Nick

Mark Stubbs
07-20-2021, 6:17 AM
LS 900 wit the serial port. Would like to upgrade to usb

Nick

Kev Williams
07-21-2021, 2:07 AM
...consider passing on the USB- I had to have the X driver rebuilt in mine awhile back, was only $300 and change to fix, but they wanted $1200 to make it USB-able. I have an LS100 with USB connection, and it's no faster to load a job than my LPT connected LS900...

Mark Stubbs
08-15-2021, 6:09 AM
Hi Nick how much for the board where the external connectors are Cheers Mark

Nick