PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
01-18-2016, 1:10 AM
18 Jan 2016

Good Morning Everyone,
My oncall duty at the day job ends in just under 8 hours from now. I'm ready for it to be over and I can be free to do as I want again. I'm planning on sleeping in a bit, getting some things done around the house, and working out at the gym with the LOML as it is one of our scheduled weekly workout days. We are really enjoying it still and I hope and pray that we continue to enjoy it for many more months to come. We are both feeling better and are feeling like we can do more now than we did before. Here's to desiring and expecting more results from changing out eating habits and exercising on a regular basis.

Heading to bed now and that's all for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Richard Shaefer
01-18-2016, 7:43 AM
my wife and I built a 4 drawer play table for under my daughter's doll house. All three of us painted it and set it up on Saturday and the kid loves it. Yesterday I wired up the 30A line for new Hammer J/P, moved the clamp racks to the other wall, and finally (finally!) finished the folding wall mounted miter saw station. I also started reworking the dust collection ducting for the new equipment placement. Also cleaned up the old Jet jointer and the Rigid planer so that they can be kicked to the craigslist curb ;) good weekend.

Terry Hatfield
01-18-2016, 9:31 AM
Dennis we need to get together soon!!!

My shop time consisted of putting up 2 more of the 4' led fixtures from Sam's and beginning the task of balancing the battery pack on the dragster for the upcoming racing season. A very tedious task as I don't have a battery management system other than me. :) Hope everyone has a great week!!!

Jim Becker
01-18-2016, 8:26 PM
I was in the shop both days this weekend working on my current project...a large/tall buffet/hutch for the dining are in our great room. This weekend I completed the panels for the lower (buffet) portion and machined various rebates and grooves to accomodate strong assembly techniques as well as cut some dovetails for upper cross members. I have to build the dust frame for under the drawers next and then I can contemplate assembling the carcass before moving on to the face frame. This piece will be about 8' tall and 50" wide upon completion. It's patterned after an antique that resides in the local tavern/restaurant that I have lunch at nearly daily.

And I thoroughly enjoyed having a competent heat source in my shop for this work...it was quite comfortable to work at about 65º F.

Bill Adamsen
01-19-2016, 9:55 AM
Completed rigging the sailboat boom I'd completed milling and varnishing last weekend. Added the protective leather tabs (an old belt) ... used contact adhesive, then drilled and fastened with #2 copper nails. Added misc. hardware and soft bails for the rigging (main, vang, outhaul) and went racing on Sunday. Light air with snow made for a beautiful day of racing on the water in Rowayton, CT.

Martin Wasner
01-19-2016, 10:33 AM
Tore the countertops and cabinets out of my kitchen. That took almost half an hour. Spent the rest of the weekend tearing tile out that I'm pretty sure was set by the right hand of God. It did not come up nicely and it's looking like I'm going to have to cut the whole floor out and resheet it. I'm not real happy about that. I have zero time this week to work on it and I was really hoping to get the floor ready for tile on this past weekend so I could get someone in to set the tile during the week. I was hoping to get the cabinets set next weekend and get the countertops measured next week.

I HATE working on my own house.