PDA

View Full Version : Power supply

Ray Beaty
01-16-2016, 4:52 PM
329503329503329503329503Sorry for the same JPEG four times as this my first time trying to add a picture. This is the cabinet of my 60w gweike and i am trying to figure out what are the power supplies. The far right image I can see the main power supply and the big silver one is the low voltage power supply. Can any tell me if the two smaller silver ones are also power supplies and do the feed from the bigger silver one? The x,y,z axis's stopped working so could one of these be causing my problem? It also looks like to me that the low voltage psu may be getting it power from the main psu

Bill George
01-17-2016, 12:46 PM
329503329503329503329503Sorry for the same JPEG four times as this my first time trying to add a picture. This is the cabinet of my 60w gweike and i am trying to figure out what are the power supplies. The far right image I can see the main power supply and the big silver one is the low voltage power supply. Can any tell me if the two smaller silver ones are also power supplies and do the feed from the bigger silver one? The x,y,z axis's stopped working so could one of these be causing my problem? It also looks like to me that the low voltage psu may be getting it power from the main psu

Just because the machine does not have any movement does not mean a power supply is bad, it could be as simple as no power to the machine, bad switch or fuse or just about anything including a safety switch? There are generally only two maybe 3 PSU's on a smaller machine the large HV one for the tube power and another(s) for everything else including the drivers for the stepper motors.

Do you have a voltmeter?

Ray Beaty
01-17-2016, 3:22 PM
Thanks for your response Bill, yes I have a voltmeter.

Bill George
01-17-2016, 7:42 PM
Thanks for your response Bill, yes I have a voltmeter.

Well start with the input voltages on all and see what you get, and then move to the output side. Look for loose connections as you move along and fuses that are blown.