PDA

View Full Version : 10" miter saw blades

Michael Cole
01-16-2016, 4:20 PM
I am going to change my miter saw to a Bosch 10" Glide and will want to upgrade the blade. The saw will used mostly for crosscutting hardwood pieces and some other things. What do you suggest? I see that Freud has 60 and 80 tooth Diablo blades at a reasonable cost. Infinity tools has some at more (about $80). There are Forrest, but they are really expensive. Let me know what you use/like.

lowell holmes
01-16-2016, 4:58 PM
If you buy a Forrest and always send the blade to them for sharpening, it's a lifetime investment. I would determine what hook angle on the teeth is appropriate. The table saw blade may not be the one you need. I have a Forrest and a Tenryu for my table saw. I send both of them to Forrest for sharpening. They are about 10 years old for the Forrest and 14 years old for the Tenryu. I cant tell much difference in them. The charge for sharpening is nominal. They have a mail order service.

Mike Chalmers
01-16-2016, 7:08 PM
Has anyone else noticed that you cannot find Diablo blades on the Feud site anymore? There is a separate site named Diablo Tools, that looks a lot like Freud's. The blades do not have the Freud name on them. I have also noticed these blades on the Home Depot site.
I am assuming that they are the same blades, and that Freud has split that line off for some reason.

I put a Diablo 60 tooth on my 10" RAS, and a 12" 44 tooth on my SCMS. They cut well, however, it was an awesome experience when I installed my Forrest Chopmaster on my RAS. Just a whole new experience.

lowell holmes
01-16-2016, 10:39 PM
I put a Diablo 60 tooth on my 10" RAS, and a 12" 44 tooth on my SCMS. They cut well, however, it was an awesome experience when I installed my Forrest Chopmaster on my RAS. Just a whole new experience.

I had the same experience when I put a blade on my RAS that had the proper hook angle. The cut was smoother and the saw was more controllable. That is what I was my message to Mike. The blades are worth the price because they fit the saw and makes the cutting operation a bit safer.

scott spencer
01-17-2016, 8:21 AM
Forrest blades are great, but pricey....Chopmaster, WWI, Duraline.

Infinity blades are great, and are less pricey...010-060, 010-080, 010-280 are all super choices (it's owned by the son of the guy who put Freud, Jesada, and CMT on the map in the US).

I'd go with the Freud Industrial line over the Diablo line....there's more carbide and more choices. The Freud LU91 and LU80 are both very good choices.

Carbide Processors also has a good reputation, but I'm less familiar with their choices.

Be sure to get one that has a hook angle that's no more than 7° or so...closer to zero or negative is best. Keep them clean and sharp for best results and longest edge life.

Jim Andrew
01-17-2016, 5:37 PM
I bought some blades for my tablesaw from Carbide Processers, Tenryu brand, best blades I have ever had. And I have a Forrest WW2. Very reasonable for the quality.

Don Jarvie
01-17-2016, 7:16 PM
I have the Chopmaster and every now and then someone is selling on in the classifieds. Put an ad and see who responds. That's how I got mine.