PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird slide update

Mark Singer
09-08-2005, 12:17 AM
The City of Laguna beach is footing the bill to rebuild the lots. It will be well engineered and should be very stable. We have had weekly meetings with the victims that lost their homes. I am part of the group of architects that volunteered to help..for free. I am working with a young couple that has two kids...It is tough they are still making payments on their home , even though it doesn't exist! I estimate they will have a new loan of $750,000 to re-build..it is hard.... I contributed a large donation (like a large 30" Italian bandsaw in $$$) :eek: to help with temporary housing...I am glad to help and Laguna has been very good to me over the years...here is a chance to give back .The community has been very supportive. The City will raise taxes to offset the cost...I guess it needs to come from somewhere...

Dennis Peacock
09-08-2005, 1:07 AM
Thanks for all you do Mark to help others in need. Consider yourself congratulated with a big ol' Arky pat on the back.!!!! :D

Vaughn McMillan
09-08-2005, 2:27 AM
Thanks for the update Mark. I'd been wondering what was going to happen there. Of course the local news never follows up on things like the. Your efforts and outlay towards the rebuilding is very comendable. Add another attaboy to the list.

- Vaughn

Jim Becker
09-08-2005, 9:11 AM
Good job, Mark. The community hanging together like that is wonderful. I hope you'll be able to document all the stablization and rebuilding for us so we can learn more about it.

Jim Dunn
09-09-2005, 8:08 AM
It's great, that as a businessman, your community spirit is still high. Some areas of the country ask of businessmen to give and give without thanks. Your corporate and private donation will not go without notice, I'm sure. Keep up the good work.

John Miliunas
09-09-2005, 8:44 AM
Hmmmm...Mark, why is it I'm not the least bit surprised with your actions?:) Having had the pleasure of spending some time out there, I can attest to the magnitude of the devastation. NOT a pretty site!:( I can't hardly imagine all that I have sliding down the side of a big hill! :eek: I'm sure your donations and actions to help those folks will be more than appreciated. Way to step up to the plate, my friend!:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
09-09-2005, 9:27 AM
Mark, you truely are a great person! Way to help those in need... The young couple is very lucky to have your services.

Jerry Clark
09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Mark, you sure are a special person-- but that is why you succeeded to a higher level - not alone, but always take everyone with you-- The community and the Creekers do appreciate you support. :)