PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Express 3000 problems

ELIAS PEREZ
01-13-2016, 5:01 PM
My Epilog Express laser cooling system leaked on my mother board. I removed the motherboard place it in a container with rice for three days, cleaned it and installed after repairing the leak. Now my machine will not boot up. If anyone has an idea of what to do please HELP!!!!!!!

Elias

AL Ursich
01-13-2016, 7:20 PM
Check Power Supply fuses...

Likely the board is fried... Calling Epilog is the next step.

Good Luck,

AL

ELIAS PEREZ
01-14-2016, 8:30 PM
Thank you, I called Epilog they have discontinued this machine. I asked for the schematics for this board, they told me that they purged all the information related to this machine. They told me to remove the chips, clean the seats and give it a try. They were very positive about the board being OK. But, You are very much right on. I need good luck. If the board is bad does anyone have an idea what to do?

Thank you

EP

ELIAS PEREZ
01-15-2016, 12:31 AM
Check Power Supply fuses...

Likely the board is fried... Calling Epilog is the next step.

Good Luck,

AL

Al,
I installed the board, the machine homed, but it went backwards any ideas?

Thanks
EP

Kev Williams
01-15-2016, 1:48 AM
Why do companies just throw out technical information that could help past customers? Like they don't have half a megabyte of space to store some PDF's on their website? My Explorer is a 'done' machine as far as GCC is concerned, but they DO have lots of info available for it- I've been able to download and save operator manuals and schematic diagrams of the motherboard, controllers and every other electric part on the thing, including extensive troubleshooting flowcharts.

The only possible reason I can see for purging technical info on old machines is a ploy to sell new machines. That's no way to treat customers...

Good luck with your machine-- Only help I can offer is to maybe place a good fan nearby, the airflow may help evaporate hiding moisture...

ELIAS PEREZ
01-26-2016, 7:02 PM
Kev, I placed a fan on the board and the machine started somewhat working. The machine receives the file, it goes though the home cycle, it starts moving like it is engraving but no laser beam actuates. I don't know if something on the board or the laser?
Tank you for your input, any ideas will be appreciated.

Elias

Bill George
01-27-2016, 1:00 PM
Al,
I installed the board, the machine homed, but it went backwards any ideas?

Thanks
EP

You did not give your location but if you have sunlight there, place in the sun and see if that can help dry out. Removing and reseating cable connections and remove able chips can help clean those connections. Make sure you mark everything you remove so it can go back on the same way. I often also take pictures.