PDA

View Full Version : Great customer service from..... United!

Wade Lippman
01-13-2016, 12:40 PM
People usually complain here about lousy CS. Well, I just had great customer service.

We came home from Hawaii last Friday, changing planes in Chicago. As it happens, our son in Chicago was ill and my wife wanted to stay there and take care of him. United said to cancel the flight after arriving in Chicago and they might be able to help us when she booked her return.

I called today, not expecting much. They are letting her return for free! Spectacular.

Mike Henderson
01-13-2016, 12:46 PM
Wow, you don't often hear good customer service stories about airlines. That's great.

Mike

Ken Fitzgerald
01-13-2016, 1:10 PM
Wade....glad to hear that!

I have a daughter who works for another airlines so you would NOT expect me to say something particularly good about United Airlines.....

11 years ago when my FIL died, my wife happened to be there helping her parents move from their home into an apartment...her Mom had to be hospitalized. She stayed to help her Mom recover and her father had a stroke on a Friday night at a HS football game with his buddies. When I called all the airlines including my daughter's employer, United was the only one willing to give me a good discount. I managed to get to the hospital 4 hours before my FIL died.