PDA

View Full Version : Alabama bound!

Marty Schlosser
01-12-2016, 7:26 AM
Hey, everyone,

I'm going to be staying in the Mobile, Alabama area for the month of February and I'd like to visit some woodworking shops and businesses that are in that part of the country. If anyone would be interested in having another woodworker drop by to say hello, swap lies and socialize for a bit, I'd appreciate hearing from you. As also mentioned, I'd like to drop by any woodworking related businesses, just to see what's going on in the woodworking business in that neck of the woods.

Thanks for any invitations or leads!

Yonak Hawkins
01-12-2016, 10:53 AM
"I'm Alabama bound.
I'm Alabama bound.
..And if this train don't stop and turn around,
I'm Alabama bound."
-- Tom Rush

Marty, thanks for reminding me of a fine song.

Bill White
01-12-2016, 2:06 PM
Not in AL, but if ya get to NE Mississippi, I'll give you the 400 sq. ft. tour of White Cottage.
Bill

Mike Delyster
01-12-2016, 9:43 PM
Have fun down there Marty.
I enjoyed meeting you last summer.

mreza Salav
01-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Ditto what Mike said.
I hope at some point I visit Kingston (again) and you give me a shop tour!

lowell holmes
01-13-2016, 7:17 AM
It's 300 miles away, but Highland Hardware should be a blast. Highland Hardware is in Atlanta Ga.

Cameron Handyside
01-13-2016, 11:29 AM
There are some great shops, including woodworking in Fairhope, AL. Fairhope is on the Eastern Shore (Mobile on the Western Shore). There is also a wooden boat builder still in business in Mobile. Stauter Boats (http://www.stauterboats.com/) is locally famous. Small operation but may be worth a visit.

Marty Schlosser
01-14-2016, 6:58 AM
Thanks for the ideas, Lowell & Cameron. I'll be in touch with Bill regarding his kind invitation, too.

If anyone else has an idea, invitation or lead, I'll be sure to follow up.

Thanks and keep the info coming!!