PDA

View Full Version : Clemson

Perry Holbrook
01-11-2016, 6:42 PM
Here's hoping Clemson wins tonight. My grandson Jackson (9) is one of their biggest fans.

Perry

jack duren
01-11-2016, 7:42 PM
Sorry Alabama fan here. But Clemson did have a good season.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-11-2016, 8:06 PM
It should be an interesting game should both teams show up. If either shows up flat, it could be a blow out!

Howard Garner
01-11-2016, 9:11 PM
I'm a Clemson fan. Almost need to be living just up the road from them.
But all my daughters a USC fans (no, not the half state thing out west somewhere)

Joe Mioux
01-11-2016, 11:56 PM
My oldest kid is a graduate student in architecture at Clemson.

ALL IN... especially my check book.

Perry Holbrook
01-12-2016, 12:15 AM
Maybe next year.

Perry

Michael Weber
01-12-2016, 12:28 AM
Well pretty good game. For you Clemson fans, I can only say that living in Arkansas and being an SEC member, you do get used to the idea of the inevitability of loosing to Alabama. Great quarterback for Clemson, he had Saban stomping and throwing mad on the sideline with his running. Better luck to whoever plays Alabama in next years championship game.:rolleyes:

Paul McGaha
01-12-2016, 7:12 AM
I'm an LSU fan, with a very healthy respect for Alabama from playing them so much.

I thought Alabama would win, by a lot, it was a lot closer than I thought it would be.

Clemson has a very good team. They played well and very hard.

PHM

Mike Null
01-12-2016, 8:10 AM
I'm a big ten fan but that was a great game. Clemson was better than I thought. Not a Swiney fan but have to give him his due--he did a fine job.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-12-2016, 12:14 PM
It was a good game! Give credit to Saban for the call for the on-side kick when it wasn't expected. Not being predictable at times can catch opponents off guard. IMO emotions can play a much larger part in college football games than in NFL games. That surprise kick sure helped swing momentum!

Larry Browning
01-12-2016, 12:36 PM
That was an awesome game! That game defines for me why the NFL is sort of a meh to me and college football is just to opposite.

So glad they started the playoff system. Now it needs to be expanded to 8 teams, or even 16.

Rick Moyer
01-12-2016, 1:44 PM
That was an awesome game! That game defines for me why the NFL is sort of a meh to me and college football is just to opposite.

So glad they started the playoff system. Now it needs to be expanded to 8 teams, or even 16.

Why? Do you think anyone else had a better team than either Alabama or Clemson? I have my doubts. Even if some other team got in and won a close game, do you think they were the best/most deserving team then? I wouldn't be opposed to 8 teams, but more than that makes the regular season too inconsequential. Nobody but the diehards watch in-season basketball, or some other sports, whose regular season is merely to be adequate enough to make the too-many-participants "playoffs". I do believe 8 would give you best representation, if scheduling ,etc. were not too onerous.

Paul McGaha
01-12-2016, 2:14 PM
Why? Do you think anyone else had a better team than either Alabama or Clemson? I have my doubts. Even if some other team got in and won a close game, do you think they were the best/most deserving team then? I wouldn't be opposed to 8 teams, but more than that makes the regular season too inconsequential. Nobody but the diehards watch in-season basketball, or some other sports, whose regular season is merely to be adequate enough to make the too-many-participants "playoffs". I do believe 8 would give you best representation, if scheduling ,etc. were not too onerous.

Personally, I think 8 playoff teams would be the right number. That would lengthen the season by 1 week I suppose.

I do think that, this year anyway, the top 2 teams wound up in the championship game.

PHM

Larry Browning
01-12-2016, 4:15 PM
For me it's not really about insuring that the "best" team always wins the championship. I just think it would be fun to watch. After all what is big time sports really? It's just another form of entertainment for the fans. It is really not very important other than that. It doesn't make us better persons if our team wins or loses.

I really like the idea of somehow letting the performance on the field have a bigger impact on who goes to the playoffs rather than some computer rating. If there were 8 teams how about the winner of 5 or 6 of the biggest conferences, Big12, Big10, SEC, ACC, PAC10, etc.. for instance and then the rest be at large teams decided by committee that could come from anywhere. That would allow 2 teams from the same conference in as well as independents like Notre Dame (they are still independent aren't they?), and schools from lesser conferences that do well.