PDA

View Full Version : Went to The Lie Nielsen Hand Tool Thingy in Mesa

ken hatch
01-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Drove up to Mesa from the Old Pueblo this AM to see if Lie Nielsen had anything I couldn't live without. I found a really nice bench brush and ordered one of their little hammers (had 'em on display but none to sell). Glen Drake saw me coming, what can I say other than I'm a sucker for really nice tools, he had one of the nicest feeler gauge sets I've seen.

There was a Powermatic 18" bandsaw on the show floor, if I ever buy another power tool that will be it.

ken

John Kananis
01-10-2016, 2:20 AM
I've seen those hammers (the brass warrington, correct?) at the shows and the open house but can never find them on the site... Guess I'll have to call them.

ken hatch
01-10-2016, 7:52 AM
I've seen those hammers (the brass warrington, correct?) at the shows and the open house but can never find them on the site... Guess I'll have to call them.

Both brass and steel. They are suppose to be in "Tom's Workbox" but the young lady taking orders couldn't find 'em listed either. It may take a phone call. BTW, they are not in stock at this time and she didn't know if both the steel and brass would be made with the next run or just the brass. I ordered one of each and will see which gets here first.

ken

John Kananis
01-10-2016, 11:55 PM
Ah, thanks for the heads up, Ken.

Ron Lindner
01-11-2016, 6:08 PM
The young lady at Gen Drake got me for a Tite Mark. But I think a Lie Nielson low angle jack plane is on my list for the near future.