PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Legend EXT36 - How do I align the laser beam?

Shawn Handley
01-08-2016, 6:09 PM
I have read several contradicting articles on how to do this procedure. Even my service manual (not the user manual) shows a conflicting procedure.

Here is what my service manual says (as it seems to be the closest)

I believe two of these to be swapped but I am unsure which. I am quite sure position 1 is correct. Moving on...

With the target in the lens assembly, move the assembly into position 1.
Adjust the bottom mirror to align the red dot in that position.

Next (and this is the contradicting part), move the lens assembly to position 2 BUT then it shows a picture of the assembly in the Back Left corner (position 3 according to the first picture).

Adjust the mirror on the rear of the machine to align the pointer to the center of the target.

Next, move the assembly to position 4 and adjust the mirror on the x-axis to align the laser.

Apparently, if all is aligned well, position 3 should show the same results as position 4.... but which is the actual position 3??

Any help would be great as Epilog is closed for the day.

Shawn Handley
01-08-2016, 7:00 PM
I was able to catch Jim at Epilog who quickly sent me the updated and correct alignment procedure and assured me that position 2 is actually front right (bottom right as shown in the first picture). With that info, I had a nearly perfect alignment within a minute. :)

Chris Corwin
01-09-2016, 7:41 PM
Hi,

I have a legend 32 which is an like early 32ex design. Could you please send me the updated alignment documentation?

Thanks,
Chris

Ccorwin@minisink.com

Shawn Handley
01-09-2016, 7:55 PM
Sure thing; however, Epilog will send you the procedures for your specific machine in a heartbeat. I also heard the early Legend machines (4" exhaust) have a different procedure.