PDA

View Full Version : Economical dust hose for Makita tracksaw?

James W Glenn
01-07-2016, 8:42 PM
I'm looking for a good but not Festool good, dust collection hose to hook up to a Makita tracksaw. Presently I have a Ridgid shop vac with a hepa filter. Thanks, Woody

Art Mann
01-07-2016, 9:29 PM
I use this one from Rockler. http://www.rockler.com/dust-right-universal-small-port-hose-kit I use it with my Makita track saw and more often my random orbital sanders. Its powered by a large Ridgid shop vac. I especially like the flexibility of the rubber like hose. It is not at all like the stiff plastic that you normally see on less expensive shop vacs.The effectiveness is close to 100% for visible dust. I can't say what it is doing for very fine dust that circulates in the air. A HEPA filter would help.

Greg R Bradley
01-07-2016, 9:31 PM
Bosch VAC005 hose, fits a standard vac inlet and has a Festool style end for saw. Also fits Festool sanders, etc.:

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-VAC005-5-Meter-Vacuum-Hose/dp/B0000AV78B%3Fpsc%3D1%26SubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYY TFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-ffsb-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165 953%26creativeASIN%3DB0000AV78B

James W Glenn
01-07-2016, 11:00 PM
It looks like the Bosch hose tip fits into the saw port. I was concerned that this would be to much of a constriction of the vacuum flow.

Greg R Bradley
01-07-2016, 11:11 PM
Its the same end as on the Festool standard 27mm hose that comes with the Festool Vacs. However the Bosch hose is 35mm so it works a bit better. The standard Fein hose is 30mm so falls somewhere in between. We are talking about very small differences here. I think you would have to use them side by side to even see a difference and possibly not then.
I also have the 36mm Festool hose that goes over the saw fitting and I'm not sure I see a difference. I suppose it should be better but it could be just better in theory.

Alan Lilly
01-07-2016, 11:22 PM
I have the bosch hose on my makita track saw as well and it is perfect.

Chip Byrd
01-08-2016, 7:26 AM
Thanks Art, I have wondered about the Rockler. I think I will order one. The stiff hose I have been using is a pain.

glenn bradley
01-08-2016, 8:37 AM
Item 382 here (http://www.ptreeusa.com/dusthose.htm) maybe? Dad has this and uses it on his Bosch stuff.

Charles Wiggins
01-08-2016, 8:56 AM
James,

I too have a Rigid shop vac and faced a similar dilemma with both my Festool track saw and Bosch miter saw. I already had a Rigid car vacuum adapter kit with a 1¼" hose that adapts onto the standard 2½" hose (I don't think they make that kit anymore). I ended up just buying a couple of these Fein adapters (http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005M1SW). They are rubbery and easy to cut down to your needed size.

Hope this helps,
Charles

Marty Tippin
01-08-2016, 11:20 AM
The Bosch hose works great with most "normal" sized ports on tools.

I pulled the rubber end piece off and turned it around on my hose to fit additional tools. Using it at the moment on my DeWalt track saw and it works great; also works great on my DeWalt ROS.

James W Glenn
01-08-2016, 7:04 PM
Thank for the recommendation. I think I will give the Bosch hose a try.

Art Mann
01-08-2016, 8:39 PM
The nice thing about the hose I linked to above is that it comes with rubber adapters that can be used on most handheld tools with a dust port, regardless of diameter.

Bob Falk
01-09-2016, 6:04 PM
I have a Fein hose/shop vac and the hose fits the Makita track saw.

Jim Dwight
01-09-2016, 6:22 PM
I also use the Bosch 5meter hose on my track saw, a DeWalt. It requires an adapter to fit my sander (another DeWalt) but directly fits the track saw well. I use a Rigid shop vacuum with a HEPA filter but I put a dust deputy between the shop vacuum and the tools. It gets the vast majority of the dust and debris greatly minimizing cleaning of the filter or emptying of the vacuum. I have not needed to empty the vacuum yet since putting the dust deputy on but have cleaned the filter once. I've emptied the drywall bucket under the dust deputy around 10 times.

Jim Becker
01-10-2016, 10:56 AM
Aside from static dissipation, etc., a hose for this purpose needs to be very flexible. So make sure you're happy with that aspect of the hose.

James Kirkpatrick
09-21-2020, 4:14 PM
Its the same end as on the Festool standard 27mm hose that comes with the Festool Vacs. However the Bosch hose is 35mm so it works a bit better. The standard Fein hose is 30mm so falls somewhere in between. We are talking about very small differences here. I think you would have to use them side by side to even see a difference and possibly not then.
I also have the 36mm Festool hose that goes over the saw fitting and I'm not sure I see a difference. I suppose it should be better but it could be just better in theory.

Just purchased the Festool 36mm hose, it does not fit over the Makita XPS01 track saw. The hose OD is roughly identical to the Makita OD so it won't fit. Only solutions I've found that keep the anti-static connection are to either use the Festool 27mm hose (which I find lacking, doesn't pull enough dust from the track saw) or use the 36mm hose and buy the Makita P-70378 adapter which fits perfectly into the Festool 36mm hose and seats very nicely into the track saw dust port. Works better, but I'd rather have a solution that fits OVER the Makita dust port, to improve flow. I have yet to find a solution that allows connecting the Festool 36mm hose OVER the Makita track saw dust port. Anyone?

Jim Dwight
09-22-2020, 4:05 PM
I also use the Bosch hose with my DeWalt track saw, Bosch sander (with adapter), DeWalt sander (with different adapter), and Festool domino. Works great. I have a super dust deputy between my Rigid shop vac and the tools, the Bosch hose works fine on the inlet to the super dust deputy.