PDA

View Full Version : Laguna LT14bx bandsaw

Russell Stanton
01-06-2016, 4:18 PM
Anyone have any experience with what seems to be a new model the LT14bx, the key being the bx designation.

Russell Stanton
01-07-2016, 12:05 PM
I'll try one more time, its a new saw so maybe not many out there

Al Weber
01-07-2016, 1:42 PM
Recommend you look at the early on review over at lumberjocks site. Not much there but at least any early opinion.

Mike Tekin
01-07-2016, 2:19 PM
I would also want to provide my opinion based on the fact that I own the 14Twelve and inquired for curiosity sake about the Bx series. Its the same manufacturer uses some parts as the 14Twelve, but is a little heavier duty (thicker gauge steel on the body), the bandsaw case goes to the ground and most noticeably has a foot activated "disc brake" with shutoff switch.

I my opinion the 14Twelve is the BEST 14" bandsaw in its price range, thus the BX series at minimum should be similar but with a heavier duty design with the option of a 240V 2.5HP motor, so I don't think you could go wrong. As an FYI, I am also basing my opinion on the fact that I have hands on experience with the Rikon 10-325, Grizzly G0555LX, Powermatic 14", Powermatic 18" PM1800, Laguna LT18 3000 and a traditional Delta 14" saw. You can't go wrong with any bandsaw Laguna puts out - they do their homework and don't just slap their name on a cookie cutter machine off the shelf. Bandsaws are what put them on the map.

Also check this link out on youtube, the foot brake is neat - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=199oJ_drOd4

Russell Stanton
01-08-2016, 9:00 AM
Based on this information my next question is how well does the rack and pinion work for changing the blade guide height. On my current Jet clone of the Delta the guides actually twist as they move up and down thus I have to adjust them for everytime I change guide height.

Also how well does the 12 14 do at resaw?

Mike Tekin
01-09-2016, 7:25 AM
Russell,

I noticed all saws with the rack and pinion including the least expensive Grizzly G0555lx held settings when raised or lowered. The worst are the ones that don't - my old Delta I sold and the Powermatic 14". The great thing is the Lagunas is adjustable and it was perfect out of the box. If a saw is manufactured correctly, all will resaw with a sharp 3 tpi, skip tooth blade or something such as the Woodslicer Resawking which are designed for resawing. I just think the 14Twelve is made very well and hits all the key points. Do you have a Woodcraft or Rockler near you? They always have this model on the floor - theBX appears to share the same slack and pinion mechanism.

Based on this information my next question is how well does the rack and pinion work for changing the blade guide height. On my current Jet clone of the Delta the guides actually twist as they move up and down thus I have to adjust them for everytime I change guide height.

Also how well does the 12 14 do at resaw?