PDA

View Full Version : American Woodshop - Table Saw Blade Guard???

Steve Kinnaird
01-03-2016, 11:27 PM
Does anyone know the brand of the Table Saw Blade Guard on American Woodshop?

I like the way it works and would like to add one to my table saw.

Thanks!
Steve

Ray Newman
01-03-2016, 11:50 PM
The latest shows that I could find are from Season #23 and he is using a Saw Stop with the over-arm dust collection.

Steve Kinnaird
01-04-2016, 12:42 AM
The latest shows that I could find are from Season #23 and he is using a Saw Stop with the over-arm dust collection.
It is seen in Season 19 - Episode 1906: Kitchen Cabinet
Here a screen shot of it.

Lewis Justis
01-05-2016, 1:10 PM
I believe that is the OEM guard of the most current model Delta Unisaw.

Joe Spear
01-05-2016, 6:53 PM
I believe that is the OEM guard of the most current model Delta Unisaw.

I just saw an episode yesterday. That's what it is. It's good to see a show that doesn't remove the guard for "clarity."

Kevin McCluney
01-05-2016, 7:06 PM
I have one and that's definitely the OEM guard for the latest Unisaw model.

John Donhowe
01-05-2016, 7:30 PM
I do get tired, though, of Scott Phillips using pocket screws for just about every project. Coincidence that Kreg is an underwriter of the show? End of my rant.

Earl McLain
01-05-2016, 7:53 PM
The season that is airing here now--he's drinking Green Kool-Aid by the gallon!! Track Saw, Kapex, Domino and vac were highly present in the last episode i saw.
earl

Steve Kinnaird
01-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the replies.
I have an older Delta Contractor Saw and want to add a blade guard to it.
Not looking to spend a fortune. Any suggestions?

Steve Kinnaird
01-05-2016, 10:49 PM
The season that is airing here now--he's drinking Green Kool-Aid by the gallon!! Track Saw, Kapex, Domino and vac were highly present in the last episode i saw.
earl
Yes, "Green Kool-Aid" , not even in the ball park of my low budget shop.

Mike Null
01-08-2016, 6:49 AM
Steve

Couldn't figure how to post this pic in a pm so here is the one I have. I don't recall whether this is for my old Craftsman or my Delta contractor saws--both of which I sold. This serves as a splitter and has anti-kickback pawls.

Rod Sheridan
01-08-2016, 8:07 AM
I just saw an episode yesterday. That's what it is. It's good to see a show that doesn't remove the guard for "clarity."

Absolutely Joe, it's about time that TV shows got with the program and used proper work procedures...........Regards, Rod.

glenn bradley
01-08-2016, 8:31 AM
Thanks for the replies.
I have an older Delta Contractor Saw and want to add a blade guard to it.
Not looking to spend a fortune. Any suggestions?

What is a fortune? Shark guard (http://thesharkguard.com/delta.php) is a popular aftermarket. Do you have something to mount to so that you could cobble your own guard out of plastic? A poor fitting or functioning guard is worse than none. If you cannot find a good fit I would just stick with shop made ZCI's and splitters.