PDA

View Full Version : Video of Shiraz Balolia in his Home Shop

Andrew Joiner
01-03-2016, 12:59 AM
He's talking about Grizzly's Gunsmithing Lathes, but he's the man behind many of our woodworking machines.

Cool to see him in his shop. He's a hero of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb-RvRe_9-g&list=PLVCS3wooaVlYIzO4JI9rAUjC75piKhBnK

Bill White
01-03-2016, 9:39 AM
Good to see the "face" of Grizzly. Heretofore I've only seen the back of his head. :)
Bill

Jebediah Eckert
01-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Cool video. I have a purchased a few Grizzly WW machines and have been happy, I had no idea he was a competitive shooter.

Dan Hahr
01-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Wow. Now I need one of those. Too many hobbies....

Dan

Matt Day
01-03-2016, 1:43 PM
Thanks for sharing. It's nice to put a face to the name. I enjoy seeing his posts here, I just wish it wasn't always because somebody was ranting about Grizzly.

Looks like a fun hobby! It's also cool to see him being involved in building with his machines and shooting.

Mike Heidrick
01-03-2016, 5:05 PM
I own a Baileigh pl-1340e lathe with a sino 2axis dro. Very similar to a griz metal lathe. I really like it. Love the d1-4 headstock. Mine is only 8 speeds.

Terry Hatfield
01-03-2016, 5:26 PM
Very cool!! I also have a shop full of Grizzly green that has served me very well. That lathe looks like a bruiser. Thanks for posting the link to the video.

Phillip Gregory
01-03-2016, 8:51 PM
Cool video. I have a purchased a few Grizzly WW machines and have been happy, I had no idea he was a competitive shooter.

Yep, he shoots benchrest rifles competitively. IIRC he shoots either a .260 Remington or a 6.5-284. His love of shooting is why the Grizzly catalogs and showrooms have things like rifle barrels and revolver holsters that you don't see at say, Rockler's or Woodcraft's stores. The showroom in Springfield, MO actually has some of his handguns on display.

Ed Labadie
01-04-2016, 1:27 AM
I used to shoot with a benchrest shooter at our local sportsmans club.......the drive for accuracy needs to be seen to be belived.

When one puts their shoulder a little to "tight" on the buttstock of a rifle with a 36x scope, you can see the crosshairs "twitch" with every heartbeat.

Shiraz has my utmost respect for his accomplishments with a rifle.

Ed

scott spencer
01-04-2016, 9:55 AM
Shiraz is a talented guy. He's also an expert luthier.

http://www.seattlebusinessmag.com/sites/seattlebusinessmag.com/files/grizzly_guitar.jpg