PDA

View Full Version : Red Cross Priorities

Mike Null
12-31-2015, 8:33 AM
The RC has been the RC again. Almost before we knew we were facing a regional disaster the Red Cross, true to form, had set up phone banks for donations and enlisted all the local
tv stations to promote it.

The RC has a checkered history to be sure but they are more self serving than ever. It is clear that disasters spell profit opportunity for the RC.

Jerome Stanek
12-31-2015, 9:16 AM
I know what you mean. Back in 1970 I was at Kent State in the Guard and the Red Cross came there and set up a trailer that had coffee, donuts, sandwiches, newspapers and some other stuff for us but want us to pay for everything. The Salvation army set up a couple of trailers also and gave out what they had. There were nights that I came in to late for a meal from our cooks and I ended up getting a sandwich coffee and some donuts all free. They didn't take sides either they handed out stuff to some of the students and their parents that were not allowed back on campus as the guard was turning every body away. Only letting people out not in

Bruce Wrenn
01-02-2016, 9:38 PM
Battle cry of the Red Cross. "Thank God for Baptist Men, when we get there they will have us a hot meal ready." Red Cross gets food and distributes to other agencies, including Baptist Men, and then counts it as meals THEY served. Look up Baptist Men to better understand what they are about.

Jerome Stanek
01-03-2016, 8:00 AM
I remember my uncle that was in WWII was a cigar smoker and he was out as his mail hadn't gotten to him yet. He went to the Red Cross station and they had a box of the kind he smoked. When he looked closer he noticed it had his name on it and they were selling them.