PDA

View Full Version : SawStop PCS & ICS users need some measurements

Ray Newman
12-30-2015, 2:44 PM
Colleagues: I am just 'bout ready to pull the trigger on a Saw Stop, but need two measurements.

At maximum blade elevation, the PCS has 10 1/4" of table in front of the blade; the ICS has 11". My 1987 Uni-saw, has 12" of table in front of the blade.

Probably 95% of my work is work is with 3/4" stock. I was taught to elevate the blade just so a gullet clears the stock, which is 'bout 1 1/8" with the blades that I run. This gives 13"+ of table in front of the blade.

Would PCS and ICS users elevate your blades to 'bout 1 1/8" and post the distance in front of the blade? I would appreciate it. A Fellow Woodworker says an inch either way will not make any difference, but at almost age 70 some times is annoying/difficult to change old habits

Would look on the dealer's showroom floor, but the closest Saw Stop dealer is a 100 mile round trip. Thanks.

Dave Anthony
12-30-2015, 3:42 PM
PCS : 10 7/8" from blade to front of the table with blade raised to 1 3/4" (seems mighty high for 3/4" stock).

Frank Pratt
12-30-2015, 3:53 PM
Blade raised 1" for 3/4" stock is plenty high.

Ray Newman
12-30-2015, 4:03 PM
Gents: thanks, corrected blade height. I just re-measured blade height and it is just about 1 1/8". I just added the stock thickness and the blade height and came up with wrong figure. I need to slow down, think, and proofread better!

John Schweikert
12-30-2015, 9:27 PM
11-1/2" on the PCS with blade 1-1/8" up

Keith Hankins
12-30-2015, 9:34 PM
Colleagues: I am just 'bout ready to pull the trigger on a Saw Stop, but need two measurements.

At maximum blade elevation, the PCS has 10 1/4" of table in front of the blade; the ICS has 11". My 1987 Uni-saw, has 12" of table in front of the blade.

Probably 95% of my work is work is with 3/4" stock. I was taught to elevate the blade just so a gullet clears the stock, which is 'bout 1 1/8" with the blades that I run. This gives 13"+ of table in front of the blade.

Would PCS and ICS users elevate your blades to 'bout 1 1/8" and post the distance in front of the blade? I would appreciate it. A Fellow Woodworker says an inch either way will not make any difference, but at almost age 70 some times is annoying/difficult to change old habits

Would look on the dealer's showroom floor, but the closest Saw Stop dealer is a 100 mile round trip. Thanks.

Ok my 5hp ICS measures with the blade at 1 1/8" high (forrest WWII), 12 & 3/4 from front lip to the first part of the blade rising above the table. To the rear of the blade to the back of the table is 11 3/4".

Either the PCS or ICS will handle anything you could throw at it.

If you have any other questions let me know.

BTW I was taught to split the height of the gullet to tip and have the surface at that height. Either way you are splitting hairs. Both saws are beasts and you won't regret it! I bought my ICS for the hp and had to go to the ICS to get the 5hp. I really love the bigger table now. IT's a beast of a saw. I even like the interconnect safety devices.

Hoang N Nguyen
12-30-2015, 9:47 PM
I figured those that have already replied has given you the answer you need. So I will just add this.... GET IT, it's a wonderful saw and I love mine.

Ray Newman
12-31-2015, 11:04 PM
Gents: thanks for the information.