PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 and Corel

Neil Pabia
12-30-2015, 1:48 PM
Is anyone else finding some major changes to CorelX5 when upgrading to window 10? I lost a lot of my menu bars and cant get them back with anything I have tried.

Ross Moshinsky
12-30-2015, 2:26 PM
Took literally 10 seconds. https://community.coreldraw.com/talk/coreldraw_graphics_suite_x5/f/544/t/50637

Program compatibility when going to Windows 10 really shouldn't be a concern for most applications. In this forum, the only time you should be concerned is if you're running software that actually runs a rotary engraver. Those types of programs will have compatibility issues sometimes. If the program works for Vista or better, you likely won't have an issue. If it's something before then, you might.

Bert Kemp
12-30-2015, 3:55 PM
menu bars are still there just invisible if you run your cursor were there suppose to be you will see them. I had so much trouble with video I went back to win 7 oops Ross sorry never looked at your link I new from being there done that LOL

Kev Williams
12-30-2015, 5:44 PM
right-click your mouse in the menu bar area, a drop-down will appear with all available menu items, just check what you want and uncheck what you don't. The new menu item will appear in the main working area. On the left side of every menu item is a 'handle', with your mouse, grab the handle and you can drag it up to the menu bar. All menu bar items can be moved where you want them with those handles...

hope this helps :)

Andrea Weissenseel
12-31-2015, 9:42 AM
I had the same problem with the menu bar. Since Win10 has white text on white menu bar it's just invisible (super smart;)) Just create a new main menu bar and copy the items from the main menu bar to your new one, and everything is fine

Neil Pabia
01-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.

John Noell
01-12-2016, 4:08 PM
FWIW, there are a lot of people trying various "fixes". However, in most cases I am aware of, simply getting X4 installed on Win10 has the side effect of breaking the start button (and the search window next to it). It also breaks at least some of the 'modern' apps. I have replicated this many times. But, if you get it installed and set compatibility to XP-SP3, you get the normal menus!