PDA

View Full Version : Shop Cabinet Tours #1: Planer and Sandpaper Storage Cabinet

Marty Backe
12-30-2015, 4:45 AM
I'm beginning a new video series, showcasing my various shop cabinets. If you're like me, you enjoy seeing how others store and use their tools. This is my contribution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNnnyzsbrRI

Patrick Curry
12-30-2015, 9:16 AM
Nicely organized. I came here looking for some ideas on cabinets and storage so I appreciated the video.

Do do have or use extension wings for your lunchbox planers? To reduce the snipe I've been using a 5' melamine board (running through the planer) and have thought it would be ideal to incorporate some method of supporting it. I like your small & mobile design though.

Jebediah Eckert
12-30-2015, 9:57 AM
Marty-

I enjoy the videos for sure. I marvel at what you get done and your shop organization. Due to the fact you uploaded this at 4 am, I'm guessing you don't sleep much. Assuming you live on the east coast, that's still way early.......

Rick Potter
12-30-2015, 11:46 AM
Great video, Marty.

I do cabinets under most tools also, but yours are much better organized.

Marty Backe
12-30-2015, 12:19 PM
Nicely organized. I came here looking for some ideas on cabinets and storage so I appreciated the video.

Do do have or use extension wings for your lunchbox planers? To reduce the snipe I've been using a 5' melamine board (running through the planer) and have thought it would be ideal to incorporate some method of supporting it. I like your small & mobile design though.

A long time ago I came to the realization that you can't eliminate snipe, only reduce it. So rather then deal with extensions, etc., I just plan on cutting ~2 inches off each end of the board when I'm done.

Marty Backe
12-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Thanks. I'm off from work the last couple of weeks of the year so I tend to become a night owl when I don't have to get up in the morning for work. I live in Southern California.

Marty Backe
12-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Great video, Marty.

I do cabinets under most tools also, but yours are much better organized.

Thank you.

glenn bradley
12-30-2015, 1:04 PM
Great stuff Marty and I look forward to the rest of the series. I have been beating the drum for machine bases with storage for some time. I have no room in my shop for a machine stand that only holds a machine off the ground. In my shop-mind, anything that occupies space should provide storage. Your planer / abrasive-storage base does this in spades. ;-)

Terry Hatfield
12-30-2015, 3:40 PM
I just thought I was organized. :eek: Nice cabinet and nice video, Marty!!

Marty Backe
12-30-2015, 4:41 PM
Great stuff Marty and I look forward to the rest of the series. I have been beating the drum for machine bases with storage for some time. I have no room in my shop for a machine stand that only holds a machine off the ground. In my shop-mind, anything that occupies space should provide storage. Your planer / abrasive-storage base does this in spades. ;-)

Thanks Glenn. I hate vertical space that isn't used.

Marty Backe
12-30-2015, 4:42 PM
I just thought I was organized. :eek: Nice cabinet and nice video, Marty!!

Thank you Terry!