PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for Grrr-ripper problem

Raymond Fries
12-29-2015, 10:05 PM
I love this tool but it seems to be slipping now when in use. The green pads seem to be glazed over which appear to allow the device to slide on the wood more.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? I hate to try a fix idea and ruin it.

Thanks

Harry Holzke
12-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Simple Green works good.

Ben Rivel
12-29-2015, 10:44 PM
Try cleaning the green rubber pads with rubbing alcohol. They should get their sticky back. Or give MicroJig a call. They are actually pretty helpful.

Mark W Pugh
12-30-2015, 6:03 AM
Try this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/9uEQ6lm__S/

Easily cleaned with denatured or rubbing alcohol.

Raymond Fries
12-30-2015, 9:49 AM
Well I tried to clean the pads with alcohol and it helped a little but they still seemed glazed. I called Micro Jig (thanks for the tip Ben) and they decided to send me another set of legs. They said that the pads will harden over time, especially in a dry climate, but they should not have gotten hard in the five years I have owned mine.

What a great company. I have been wanting to get a second one so this might be a good time so I will have all new pads to start again.

Prashun Patel
12-30-2015, 10:02 AM
In fact, you might consider gettting the 'heels' for the Grrrripper. It's a neat little drop-down thing. been meaning to upgrade mine too.

Duncan Foster
12-30-2015, 7:30 PM
I think you will find the company more than helpful. Called them today with a very slight problem and they were very helpful and shipped the part out immediately. I think they're a family company. Customer service was top notch

Ben Rivel
12-30-2015, 8:35 PM
They said that the pads will harden over time, especially in a dry climate, but they should not have gotten hard in the five years I have owned mine.

Thats weird, didnt know that would happen. Good to know they should be good for 5+ years though! I will be sad someday if I have to replace mine as I have special ordered all black GRR-Rippers and the new replacements would be yellow.

Keith Hankins
12-30-2015, 9:13 PM
I regularly wipe mine down with acetone, and keep them clean. Like with any plasic they harden over time and get replaced. I've had mine for ever and replaced all the parts at some time. You can't cheat time!