PDA

View Full Version : Senco compressor seals

Rick Potter
12-29-2015, 1:51 PM
I have a little Senco compressor. The small one that is made for trim work (model PC1010). It sat in the shop for a year or so since I used it last, and when I used it in the house for some trim work, I noticed it took a long time to cycle. The air pressure builds up to about 90 or so normally, but from there to the cut off at about 110-120, it takes a long time. At first, it would not even cycle, and I shut it off manually at 100 or so, trying to keep it from overheating.

I assume there is some sort of nylon piston ring to hold compression. If so, am I correct that it has probably gotten hard and lost its flexibility?

I can find parts available for it, but not sure which one I need. Some sites say the connecting rod (which seems to include the piston) is needed ($40). Others say the valve body is bad ($12). I do not want to just throw parts at it. Wondering if it is worth taking in to be fixed, as it only cost about $110 or so new in 2003. Todays price is $111.

Anybody had the same problem?

Thanks,
Rick

PS: By the way, it seems the more I use it the better it gets, after using it two different days, it now will cycle, but still takes too long to achieve cut off pressure, so I turn it on and off manually to avoid overheating.

If I have to take it to the shop, I will probably just get a new one, I love this machine for inside trim work.

Ronald Blue
12-29-2015, 8:40 PM
Make sure the inlet filter isn't clogged. This is a pretty simple design. I would also look at possibly the cylinder being dry and the piston not sealing adequately. It looks as though you have to buy the rod/piston complete. If it was fine last time you used it could be a piece of dirt under the seat of the reed valve or it's possibly going bad. Just some things to consider. Good luck.