PDA

View Full Version : Motörhead’s Lemmy Dead at Age 70

Dave Lehnert
12-28-2015, 10:03 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/28/entertainment/lemmy-motrhead-death/

Patrick Walsh
12-28-2015, 10:12 PM
Bummer :(

Thats a pretty good run for him though considering how much he loved to abuse his heart.

Kent Adams
12-28-2015, 10:31 PM
Discovered he had cancer December 26th and died 2 days later. We are only here for a spec of time. He made the most of his time.

Mike Henderson
12-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Maybe it's my age, but I never heard of Motorhead. I thought maybe they were Click and Clack on NPR.

Mike

Greg Peterson
12-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Lemmy did it his way. Even if you didn't like his music one had to admire the force of nature he was.

Frederick Skelly
12-29-2015, 12:10 AM
Maybe it's my age, but I never heard of Motorhead. I thought maybe they were Click and Clack on NPR.

Mike

I didn't recognize them either Mike.

Jon Shank
12-29-2015, 12:19 AM
He was a lunatic, and the self professed ugliest man in rock and roll. I met him once when they played a show in New Orleans back in the late 90s I think. He came into the bar I worked at at the time with a stripper on each arm, hot strippers from the best strip club in town, the Maiden Voyage. Partied like it was going out of style, completely over the top. In my bar and then in another strip club down the street. Buying drinks and lap dances, just going out for a well financed party night with 20 or 30 of his best friends. Not my taste in music either but he knew how to live it to the hilt, no doubt about that. Smart and somewhat philosophical when he got in the right mood, or the right level of drunk. Bummer to lose him really, and so fast to boot.

Jon